38

I stepped out of the bath and wrapped a towel around my soaking body. The shivers running up and down my body as the heat slowly disappears. I dry my body with the towel and begin to put my clothes back on, nothing fancy though, just leggings and a jumper Brad gave me. I kept my hair in a loose, messy bun and put on my adidas superstars.

I run down the stairs with my phone in my hand, my keys in my pocket. I peek into the living room to tell my mum where I'm going.

"Mum, I'm going back out. Lily said she needs something." I say in a hurry.

"Okay, be careful." She said raising an eyebrow, I nod and leave the house in a hurry.

I text Lily to tell her to meet me on the corner, our house are in the middle of the corner so it'll be easy for the both of us.

On my way, meet me at the corner near the park x

She replied straight away.

Okay, be there in 5 x

After a few minutes of speed-walking I finally arrive at the corner next to the park. I wait patiently for Lily to turn up, I really hope she's okay. I finally see her walking across the empty road, her hands tucked into her sleeves, her face was emotionless and she looked awful.

With no hesitation I immediately pull her in for a hug, she stayed silent and barely moved. I let go of her, she stared into nothing as her lip quivered slightly.

"Lily? What's wrong?" I asked, my voice laced with worry.

She didn't answer, she just shook her head and looked down at the ground below us.

"Please..tell me." I said softly, not wanting her to feel too pressured.

Her eyes suddenly filled with tears, her lip was violently shaking and her hands too. The tears fell from her chestnut coloured eyes, I hugged her again and this time she hugged back. She cried into my shoulder, the tears soaking on to the jumper.

"Lily..Lily please." I begged. She continued crying into my shoulder before pulling away, she wiped the tears from her fragile face and took a deep breath.

"Maddie. I'm so sorry.." She mumbled.

"What do you mean?" I ask, trying to be as patient and calm as possible.

"I-I.." She stuttered.

"I'm p-pregnant." After that she just broke down, she fell to the floor, her knees rolled up into her chest, her hands over her crying eyes.

I knelt down beside her, hugging her from the side.

"Lily..I'm not going to think of you differently." I smiled sadly.

"I'm so sorry, I'm so stupid..why?" The tears wouldn't stop, she hugged me again thanking me over and over.

"I don't know what I'd do without you." She sobbed.

"Just let it all out." I patted her back softly. We sat on the side of the street, in the dark. My best friend next to me, in tears as she has a tiny human growing inside of her.

"Have you told him yet?" I asked quietly. She shook her head violently.

"No no no." She muttered. Her hands held the sides of her head, her eyes squeezed shut as she cried even more.

"Just take your time, don't rush it'll make things worse! Maybe wait a few days..at least until you've calmed down." She nodded her head and wiped the tears from her red cheeks.

"You're right." Then it went silent.

"I'm keeping it." She muttered.

"What?"

"I'm keeping it. I'm not getting rid of my first child just because I wasn't responsible enough..I couldn't live with myself if I did that." She sighed. I nodded in agreement.

"How far along are you?"

"About a month and a half, I think." She sighed, her head resting on her hand.

"Still quite early." She nodded.

"You want to stay at my place or are you going back home?" I asked as I helped her up off the scruffy floor.

"I'll just head home, thank you Maddie. I honestly don't know what else I would do." She smiled slightly.

"It's alright, you're my best friend, of course I'd help." I said hugging her.

"Well, I better get going. Bye Maddie." She smiled.

"Bye." I waved as we walked in the opposite direction.

**