Chapter:21'DID YOU EVEN BRUSH YOUR TEETH, CARTER?'

Start from the beginning

I think I dressed too much.

"You are wearing a pant and a shirt on a Sunday morning and you say what's wrong with your clothing. As far as I know my sister she wouldn't change till the night."

"Josh, you're being my dad now! And I never not-change till the night. Ewww, you make me sound so dirty."

"If I was being your dad, I would have not allowed you to go even. But just because I'm your brother, I can't do that. I'm just telling you that you like him." He sat beside me on the sofa.

"It's so interesting Josh! You know, people choosing for you, that you like a certain guy, when actually you hate him. It's so interesting isn't it?"

"Yeah, very. But I don't have a problem with him. In fact, I love this boyfriend of yours. And look you're Seventeen... you can surely date." He said, standing up.

"And, now I'm going with Frank. You know my sister deserted me for her boyfriend. But what can I do? I can't come in between them!" He continued and fake cried.

"Josh!-" he didn't let me complete. "Bye sis!" He walked out of the door.

Why is every other person trying to make me believe that I like Carter. I shut all these thoughts just when they started to appear but people around me are making it difficult for me to not think about it.

And now, I think it's quiet late for trying to shut these thoughts because they've invaded my mind already and I can't think of anything else anymore.

Do I really like him?

If no then I'm fine. But if yes, then I really need to see a physiatrist.

* * * * *

When I reached there I knocked on their door, pulling my shirt down. I tightened my ponytail and knocked again.

Is anyone even home? If Carter wasn't home, he wouldn't have called me.......

Just then I heard some shuffling inside the house and in another second the door opened revealing a yawning Mary. I think I'm a bit early. "Sophia?" She asked and I nodded in reply.

Apologize, Sophie!

"Hi! Uh-um, I'm sorry Mary. I-Carter called me today."

"Oh, it's okay girl. It's your house. Come whenever you want. And you can even have a spare key for yourself darling. But I can't believe Carter called you. What time is it?"

I shouldn't have come this early....

"It's eleven. Look I'm really sorry, I thought you'd be awake till now and-"

"It's okay! It's not your fault. Besides, we wake up at eleven every Sunday because I couldn't get much sleep in week days. Being a doctor isn't easy, you know? And I would've mind if you came earlier. But eleven is fine." She chuckled.

"Did Carter say eleven? Are you sure it was eleven in the morning?" She walked towards the kitchen and I followed her. "Yeah, he told me to come at eleven, In the morning." I answered.