Civil War: Ch•1- Tarzan & Jane

Începe de la început

"Well, great" her quipped from the other end of the line. I laughed "okay, I'll see you then. Remember, the ones with the heels"

"Right, bye, love you"

"Love you too"

         I then clicked the phone off and tucked it away, pausing instantly when I heard a sudden high-pitched scream from several paces behind me. The wealthy lady who passed by me earlier alongside her poodle was yelling profusely in the sidewalk "He stole my purse! He stole my purse!" She stomped her heels on the ground, wailing out for the world to hear. I almost rolled my eyes and kept on walking, but the man who snatch the purse barged past me in that moment in attempts to make his get away.

         "I guess the library fine can wait" I exhaled, pulling my hat off from my head. I took off down the sidewalk after him, readying my watches just in case I would need them to protect myself. He seemed to be a low-grade thief, no one too dangerous to pursue. The girl could still be heard shouting in the distance, her poodle was barking at her side. 

         The man was barreling down the side of the road, the pink MK purse in his clutches bouncing by his thigh. There were tons of people surrounding him but no one seemed to notice or care. He was heading straight for an alley in between two brick apartment buildings. I scoped out my surroundings as I trailed behind him. Two tin trash cans were sitting near a bus stop sign just yards away from the alley.

          The man would run right past those cans and turn into the alley in precisely 5 seconds. I could jump from the sidewalk on to the trash can lids and propel myself from the can and into the alley. My body would collide with his and, with the skills I learned from Widow, I could take him down and grab the purse. And that's exactly what I did.

          I leapt up on to one of the trash can lids, and pushed myself off and into the air. My hands wrapped around the mans neck and I shoved him in to the alley, out of sight from the public. We were both sent spiraling to the ground in the alley. The purse fell from his hand and I used my foot to pick it up and kick it behind me. My glasses and hat were now lying on the concrete. The man immediately recognized me.

         "I'm not afraid of a Tiny Avenger" the man balled up his fist and aimed his knuckles at my nose.

         "Should've worn my heels" I grumbled, bringing my hands up in preparation to fight "this tiny Avenger is about to knock you on your fat ass, Excusez mon français" I shifted my body in a defensive position, ready to block. Natasha Romanoff has taught me how to block a punch in six different way, so I was undoubtably ready. However for me, the punch never came.

          A red and blue body swung out from nowhere and collided with the big man, who was sent tumbling down the alley and back out into the street. I covered my eyes with my arms for a second, completely shocked by what just happened.

           "What the..?" I whispered, removing my arms from my eyes. The first thing I saw was a body sitting on the vertical side of the alley wall. Whoever it was, wore red and blue onesie with some sort of black goggles over his red, mask-covered face. The person (or alien, you can't just assume those things anymore) was crouching on the wall, with one hand on his knee and the other was flat on the brick. It was just defying gravity and the laws of physics all just by sitting on the wall "What. Are. You?" I asked, hardening my eyes at the thing.