Chapter 32

November 24, 2016

We heard pattering of feet from the upstairs. Not human, but like a dogs feet. Correction: wolf feet.
"Do you guys hear that?" Asked Brayden. We all nodded.
"We're gonna die! We're gonna die!" Repeated Briar.
"I hate to say this but, I agree with Briar." Whispered Brayden.
"Guys, we are gonna have to work together." Briar said.
"Puh-lease, like I'm gonna work with him." I hissed.
"Or with her." Luke sneered. The room was silent. The sound of feet were getting closer. Also, they were being accessorized with growls and snarls.
"We have to work together or we are all gonna die down here!" Whispered Luke.
"He's right." Briar and Brayden agreed. Everyone looked at me.
"What?! I'm not gonna work with him!" I whisper-yelled.
"Heidi, do you wanna die?!"
"I'd rather do that than work with you."
"Please, Heidi. I know you're mad, but if we don't do something now we are going to die! Do you want that?" Luke pleaded. I hated to admit it but, he did have a point. I really didn't want to die. No one did.
"Fine, but I won't be happy doing it. We started piling up folding chairs, boxes, and a folding table by the door. The growls were inching towards us. Louder by the second. Within the next minute or so, they were right outside the door. We heard a loud thump. Then more. We knew it was trying to break in.
"Should I call Bridget?" I offered. All three of them nodded frantically. I texted her. You know, to not make lots of noise.

Bridget, help us!

?

We are in Briars basement and a rabid werewolf is trying to kill us

No, no, no! I'll be right there! Bye and don't die, whatever u do!

Got it. Bye.

"Ok everyone. She'll be here soon." I whispered. Everyone was so happy.
"We just have to wait it out. I think I can do this." Mumbled Briar. We better think again, because with that final attempt to crash through the door, it worked. A pitch black, large, muscular, scary wolf was standing there. It was ready to attack any of us. The strange thing was that it wasn't looking at any of us. Well, all except....Brayden. I stared wide eyed at him. He shrugged. The wolf was about to attack Brayden. He was ready to pounce. He relaxed for a second though and glanced at Briar. Briar scooted toward me and whispered in my ear.
"Um, is that werewolf hitting on me?" She asked.
"Guess so." An idea popped in my mind.
"Briar, I have a plan."
"Anything to get us out of here."
"Well, you are gonna be the bait." She raised an eyebrow and looked at me like I had 3 heads.
"Girl, I'm not gonna be bait for some stupid plan."
"Please."
"What's the plan?" She sighed. Victory was mine.
"Ok, you are gonna distract Wolf Boy, over there. He seems to like you." She smiled and turned toward him.
"Oh Wolfy, yoo-hoo." She said. He looked at her.
"Want a taste of this?" She asked. I had to say, Briar was quite a flirt. She could get any guy to like her. Sometimes she uses that to her advantage. Sometimes against her will, like now. I snuck over to Brayden.
"What's this guy have against you."
"Remember when I told you about my face..."
"You didn't, Brayden."
"Well, I did." I felt someone tap my shoulder. I turned around to see Briar.
"What are you doing! Your the distraction!"
"Um, funny story. Did I mention that I am kinda afraid of...wolves."
"Briar!"
"Hey, it's not my fault I was nearly killed by one when I was 7!" A growl interrupted our argument. We looked over to see the wolf inching near us. Actually, Brayden. I don't think he'll wait this time. We've only distracted him for 10 minutes.
"Confession time?" Offered Briar.
"Guess so. There's nothing better to do." I said.
"In 1st grade I stole two handfuls of your Halloween candy." Confessed Briar. I glared at her. She gave me a look of sympathy. Luke's turn.
"I read your diary in seventh grade because I found it. I didn't know who's it was, so that's why I read it." My face turned red with embarrassment. Well, crap. My turn.
"I wasn't super mad at you. I just didn't talk to you to prove a point. Well, kind of." Lastly, it was Brayden's turn.
"I was stupid and caused this mess." That's the best confession here out of all. Right before he was about to pounce, someone pushed him out of the way. That other wolf I guessed was Bridget. She was scratching him and biting him. But he wasn't helpless. He threw her across the room. Her torso had one, long, scratch down the side. She yelped in pain and was attempting to stand before he could make another move.
"Guys, face the wall." Instructed Brayden.
"Why?" We asked.
"Just do it! I'll explain later." We did as he told and faced the wall. We heard a loud moan/yelp noise from something. We turned around to see another wolf (probably Brayden) and the pitch black wolf on the floor. He was pretty hurt.
"Do we call a hospital or..." Bridget and Brayden both turned human. She couldn't walk, but could limp.
"I have crutches from my sister." Said Luke.
"I can call 911." Offered Briar.
"That's a good idea." She replied.
"Wait, what are we gonna do with that?" I asked pointing a finger towards the wolf.
"I guess we can put him in the woods. Like, he won't turn human again since he's dead." Said Bridget. So, after we dragged him into the woods, we called 911 to pick up Bridget. She was already healing due to her being a werewolf. Within 2 hours she was home. Brayden and I were talking.
"Look, it's not you, it's me..." I started.
"I know where this is going. Go on, date Luke again." He said.
"Really? You aren't mad, upset, or sad in any way?" I asked surprised.
"Nope. I kinda wanted to date Bridget." He whispered the last part.
"Really?" I said with a smirk plastered on my face.
"Are you gonna ask her out?" I asked.
"I guess. I don't really have all this planned out yet. Besides, you and Luke make a much better couple than us."
"Yeah." I agreed.
"Now, go on." I walked over to Luke. This may be awkward.
"Hi." I said.
"Your talking to me?"
"Yeah. I suppose we are on the talking stage again."
"So, does this mean that you aren't mad at me?" He asked.
"Oh, no. I'm furious. Though, I'll get over it eventually."
"Like, in a day." I nodded my head.
"Happy Thanksgiving." I said.
"You too. Hey, it's not gonna be completely awkward at your house."
"Maybe not between us, but Kitty is there for the next 4 days."
"Really? Please be joking."
"Nope." I said grinning.
"You hate me, don't ya?"
"Maybe. Just a tiny bit." We laughed. That was the first time we laughed together in a while.
"So, are you gonna let me explain?"
"Later." I answered. To be honest, I've missed these conversations. I like how we talk and it seems the world around us just...disappears.
"Are we dating again?" I asked. There was a long pause.
"I guess so. I'd like to."
"Then consider it done." I looked at my phone. It was already 4:30!
"I gotta go. I'm suppose to be home in half an hour. Bye guys." I got my bike and started riding home. I had the perfect surprise for Luke. It is one of my favorite places in the world. And I'm sure that he'll like it too.
Hey guys! I hope you liked this chapter. There will be 1 or 2 more chapters after this one. But, the next book will be out shortly. I hope you guys had a happy Thanksgiving. I know this is late. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed and thanks for reading.
~rainbowmorkie