- reckless responsibilty -

Start from the beginning

Her stop came eventually came, and recognizing the brick houses with fire escapes lining the sides, she took her leave from the bus, not even saying goodbye to the bus driver. Her breaths were becoming a little more ragged, and her steps staggered as she made her way to her home.

Home.

What a strange word it was to Elenora, it was something she never imagined she'd have, but now everything was different. The idea of the yellow walls and her half painted bedroom made her warm inside, it brought a smile to her face. But she wasn't smiling now as she inserted the key, and drew air, filling her lungs.

Everything was quiet as she walked in, placing her coat in the closet and taking off her shoes, mumbling a greeting to a confused Bucky.

"I thought you had training to day," Bucky told her. "I was actually just about to leave-"

"i feel sick," Elenora whispered, keeping her eyes glued to the floor. Bucky noticed right off the bat, and attempted to make eye contact, but failed.

"What's wrong?" he asked. She mumbled something about her stomach, but he was smarter than to believe it. She said she had a fever but she didn't want to bother them by calling home.

He couldn't believe it if he wanted to.

"Let me feel your forehead," Bucky insisted, but Elenora shook her head and kept her eyes on the floor. "Elenora, let me-"

"What's going on?" Steve questioned, walking in with sweatpants and a t-shirt, no socks on his feet. He appeared so comfortable, but he was on edge. Something didn't feel right, and he bet it had something to do with Elenora. "Hey, Kid, I thought you had practice today."

"She says she sick," Bucky told him. "Elenora, let me feel your forehead."

"I'm good, it's fine," she mumbled, trying to get passed Bucky, who extended his arm to stop her. Suddenly, he had the feeling of deja-vu, and instantly thought of Steve in the same position. Her actions mimicked his, the looking down, fidgeting, the lying.

Steve had the same feeling as he crossed his arms over his chest. "Elenora, let him check your temperature."

"I think I just need to lay down-" Elenora argued, making another attempted to leave, but Bucky blocked her.

"Lift up your head for a second," Steve said suddenly, nostalgia washing over him. She didn't move. "Elenora. Now," he ordered.

Bucky could see her swallow hard.

Elenora realized there was no way out now, and nodded her head. Agonizingly slowly, she brought up her face, in which her swollen eye winced at the light. A fist grew at Bucky's side. Concern clouded on Steve's face.

"Elenora, what the fu-" Bucky began, but cut himself off. "Who did that to you?"

"I walked into a wall, and it hurt, a lot," she covered up quickly.

Bucky scoffed, "You're so much like you're father. It's as if you don't think I recognize a black eye when I see one." Elenora didn't reply. She tried again to make her way back to her room, but this time, Steve caught her arm.

flicker // peter parkerOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara