44

The next morning I hugged Bucky goodbye and boarded the jet. My heart was hammering in my chest because I wasn't gonna have Bucky there to help me in case I start to freak out or if Hydra finds me or if-. I took out my phone and earphones to play music to calm my nerves. I'll be fine, just gotta relax. I felt someone coming towards me so I paused my music and looked up. “Yeah?”
Steve froze mid step and laughed. He took the seat across from me. “Are you alright?”
“Yeah, just peachy.”
He fixed me with a look. “You look worried.”
I stopped bouncing my leg. “Fine. I'm fine.”
He threw his hands up and started to stand. “Alright.”
I sighed. “Look I'm sorry. I'm a little worried is all.”
He sat back down. “Don't worry. Out on the field we watch each other's back’s. The team comes first.”
I gave him a small smile and a nod. To be honest it didn't help my nerves that much. He was about to go when I stopped him. “Wait. Can you just sit here with me? I just. I need.”
“You don't have to explain.”
"Thanks."
My heart was gonna shatter! So much support I can’t take it. I leaned back into my chair and took a nap.

When we landed we went straight to our hotel and got settled in.
“We don't have to start our mission until tomorrow so everyone has a day to go out and sightsee,” Natasha told everyone before exiting the room. I wonder what she's up to. I looked around at the twins and Steve who were currently lounging around.
“Let's go guys! This is Italy! We should go out and do stuff! You never know what could happen this week.” I added emphasis on that last part. One of us could die and we'll have the regret of not having seen this place and all of it's beauty.
"Yeah, let's go," Steve grabbed his hat and sunglasses as he made his way out the door. Pietro and Wanda the same.
I went to my room to grab my purse and sunglasses before following after them.

We left the hotel and started to walk around. The people, the food, the shops, this whole place was filled with warmth and love. We ate a variety of different foods from pastas and desserts. We shopped around too. Wanda and I bought a ton of clothes. We stumbled upon a little flea market and there was this little old lady who was selling weapons. She had this sick push dagger that can be easily concealed as a necklace that I had to have. I thanked her and was about to walk away when she pulled at my hand.
“Here, my sweet,” she placed this beautiful bracelet into my hand. It had a huge emerald rock set into it.
“I can't take this.”
“No, no, no please take it. A beautiful gift for a beautiful girl.”
I smiled and put my hands on hers. “Thank you.”
She smiled and I turned away. Steve was near so he went over to me. “I didn't know you could speak Italian.”
He took me aback. Shit. “Yeah it's one of the billions of things you don't know about me. Look at this cool weapon I just bought.”
He frowned but looked at the purchase.
While he was looking at the necklace I looked at the bracelet the seller gave me. I was admiring the stone how when the sun hit it just right it shone. Wait. I pulled Steve over away from the old lady so that I could show him what I saw.
"What's wrong," he asked.
"This," I popped the huge emerald piece off of the bracelet and showed him the tracking device that I saw hidden very well I could have missed it.
"Seriously?," Steve grabbed the bracelet and chucked it down an alley.
"Damn. You think you could trust an old lady."

By the end of the day we were tired. So much walking did us good and I'm pretty sure we all got a little tanned. We showed each other the items we purchased and we chatted. I told them about what happened back at the market. Imagine, if I hadn't seen the device, what would've happened?
Natasha didn't come back until late at night. I was still awake when she entered the room. She looked tired and a bit roughed up.
“How was your day?,” I asked.
“Good.”
She went to her room and closed the door behind her. I listened in on her and heard shuffling and taps as she was typing something onto her phone. I went into my room and locked my door. I laid out on my bed as my mind drifted out of consciousness. I left my body and walked over to Natasha’s room. She was still on her phone so I looked over her shoulder. She was texting Fury.

Place is surrounded with men and women working on expanding the building. They're just workers. Nothing else conspicuous.

So that's what she was up to. Just checking out our location. I wonder why she didn't bother to tell the rest of the crew?