10

I could sense he wanted to say more but I left before he could.
When I spotted Steve talking to Natasha I felt like vanishing. Sure he can talk to whoever he wants but who am I gonna talk to now?
"Here you go, Captain."
"Thank you very much."
"Hello, Natasha."
"Hello, Della you look amazing."
"Thank you but I think you steal the crowd tonight." She was wearing this tight strapless dress that went to her shins. Her look was completed with black stilettos and her hair parted to one side, having the curls cascade down her shoulder. No one can really outdo her.
"Thank you," she laughed.
I sat down at a table with red stools while they talked. Looking into Steve's mind I found out Natasha was asking about whether or not I had revealed anything. Steve told her I hadn't. I also found out they told Steve to befriend me since he's the friendliest person in the Avengers. I'm starting to hate this ability. I'll only use it when I need to I swore to myself. The truth sucks.
I was drinking by myself when Pietro walked over and sat down across from me. He was wearing a silver tuxedo with a blue shirt underneath. His white hair slicked back. Damn he looked good.
"My sister told me to come talk to you. You look lonely," he said smiling at me. Thank you, Wanda.
"You don't have to you know."
"No, it's ok. I would like to keep you company." I know I just swore to use my powers for good but I needed to see this for myself. His sister sent him for information and to keep me company. He wasn't lying when he said he wanted to stay. Nice try, Wanda.
"How is the party treating you?," I asked.
"It is alright. My sister keeps making, how you say 'heart eyes', at Vision." Uh oh protective brother over here. I sneaked a glance at them to see the both of them talking really closely. Uh oh. At least they're having a good time.
"Don't worry about Wanda. She's a strong girl she'll know when it's bad," I said taking a sip from my drink.
"I just worry."
"Understood."
"Do you have brother or sister?"
"No, I was an only child."
"Oh. That must be fun."
"It was really lonely actually. With siblings there is someone to talk to. They'll do things with you and take care of you when no one else will."
He stared at me trying to process this. Why am I spilling my guts out to this man!? I guess I have some unresolved issues.
"I am sorry."
"Don't be. It doesn't matter anymore."
I downed my drink in one gulp. Man if these had alcohol I would definitely be drunk right now.
"I'm gonna go get another drink. Do you want anything?," I said about to get up.
"Here allow me," Pietro walked around the table to grab my drink and left to go refill it. What a gentleman.
"How are you, Lady Della?," Thor bellowed.
"I am well thank you for asking."
"My pleasure," he smiled at me then walked away. The great Thor everyone!
"Here you go."
"Thank you," I said taking the drink. It was virgin. Thanks Speedy for not messing up a good thing here.
"My pleasure." He gave me a half grin that made my stomach fly. If we were gonna sit here together the whole night and talk that wouldn't be a problem. I would let him in on a secret for being so nice. But that's what they want so I might just leave early instead.
"How is your apartment?"
"It's very spacious and cozy."
"That is good for you, no? New place and new people your home must be a safe place." He just gets me!
"Someone understands."
"I know the feeling. I lived in Sokovia all my life to be brought to America for a job. I miss it but Wanda is my home." Couldn't you just die! I wanted to cry. I made a show of it by wiping an invisible tear
away. "That's beautiful, Pietro. I'm gonna cry."
He laughed. "Don't cry, Della." The way his thick accent said my name made my heart quiver.
"What is your first name? It has slipped my mind, apologies."
I paused thinking he was asking for my real name but remembered the name I gave them. "Delana."
"Delana. What a beautiful name." Oh Jesus! If he was gonna keep talking I'm gonna have to excuse myself to the washroom.
"Thank you, Pietro," I said blushing a deep red.
"The pleasure is all mine." Swoon!
"What's going on over here?," whispered Wanda standing next to Pietro. Like you haven't read his mind.
"Just chatting with Delana about how hard moving away from home is," Pietro said with ease. But all I heard was my name.
"How is your apartment, Della?"
"Fine. It's very cozy."
"That's good!"
It got silent at the table after that.
"Well I was just checking on Pietro. Do you mind if Vision takes me to the roof?"
"Yes I do but you're gonna go anyway."
"True!" she shouted over her shoulder skipping away.
Pietro sighed running a hand over his face.
"Oh, poor you," I said patting his hand.
"She acts like she's the oldest."
I laughed. She's gonna break his little heart.
"You're powers are impressive," he admired.
"Thanks."
"Especially the super speed," he gave me a wink.
"Yeah it comes in handy."
We laughed at that.
"Is that all you can do?"
This is getting annoying. I don't want to leave this conversation but if he's gonna keep prying. I'm gone.
"Yeah," I lied.
He nodded taking a drink. Sorry handsome but I can't take this hidden interrogation anymore. I used my illusion powers to give me some small eye bags. I made myself yawn.
"I'm gonna head out, handsome," I started to get up.
"Why? It's like you just got here!"
"Sorry. I guess using all of my abilities took a lot out of me," that's a lie. When I use my powers it actually gives me more energy.
"Let me at least take you home."
"Why that's mighty kind of you."
"I wouldn't want you to fall asleep in the elevator."
I laughed. Then he picked me up bridal style and zoomed to my apartment. Whoa!
"Thanks."
"Any time."
I took out my keys and opened my door.
"Thank you again for bringing me home and keeping me company at the party. I had a great time."
"I also had a great time."
"Good night."
"Good night, Delana."
He turned and zoomed away.

That night I dreamt of a very fast man.