21

That night I got ready for my plan to escape while everyone was asleep. I didn't have anything to really bring with me so I only took what I had on and my jacket and that little knife I had. When a guard brought me dinner an hour ago I slipped into his mind and copied the schedule of the guard route. I also looked to see where Bucky was currently being held. His room was a floor beneath this floor and it was the first door on the right.
Before I left my room I cloaked myself with an illusion so I would be completely invisible. Carefully, I made my way to Bucky's room. I crept slowly down the hall and avoided the guards around me.
When I got there I checked his room to make sure he was alone. He was in his room trying to remember things from his past. My heart tore. I quickly rushed in and closed the door. He stood up abruptly and got into a fighting stance.
I shushed him. "It's me," I whispered. I dropped the illusion. He dropped his stance but he was still tensed up.
"What are you doing here?"
"We're breakin outta here, honey."
"What?"
I crept closer to him. "We're gonna get out of here. Tonight."
His eyes widened.
"Put a shirt on and let's get going," I said realizing he was shirtless.
He was hesitant but then he complied. He was scared about this too.
"Why are you helping me? After everything I've done to you?," he spoke softly, not meeting my gaze while he put his shoes on.
I sighed. "I can see into your mind, and every time I do a little piece of my heart breaks. You don't deserve to be here," I looked down at him and shrugged. "If he catches me, I'll make sure you get out first. You've suffered enough in this shit hole."
He looked away feelings of doubt and unworthiness clouded his mind.
I crouched down to his level and looked him in the eyes. "It's my choice."

Once he was fully clothed I threw an illusion on the both of us and we walked out of the room. We quickly made our way around the corner. There were two guards patrolling the halls. I crept into their minds and put them out and used levitation to stuff them into a room. We walked down the hall and got to a set of double doors. On the other side there was another group of guards, one by one I took them out. Finally we got to the door that leads to a set of stairs.
Up those stairs and outside, we found a guy standing by the railing.
It was Valentín. "Ružový. How many times do I have to tell you not to escape?"
There was no chance for me but there was still hope for Bucky. I turned to him and gave him a quick hug.
"Please understand," I whispered. I slipped into his mind and put him to sleep.
"Please, Ružový. You are being rude." He was angry inside but he remained composed. I lifted Bucky into the air and walked over to the ledge and floated him over to a car that was, coincidentally,driving by. It was heading towards the next city. I kept him cloaked for as long as I could hold it. I quickly scanned the terrain, it was just dirt and this plain looking building. Most of it was underground. A few cars passed by but there was nothing special about this place. Not enough to make people stop and take a look inside.
I tried to reach the stairs leading down the side of the building when Valentín grabbed my arm and threw me to the ground. He then electrocuted me with a taser. The illusion was turned off.
"There you are. You will be punished for trying to escape." I tried to kick him and crawl away but he grabbed me by the legs and dragged me away from the stairs. He got out his walkie-talkie and called in for two guards. Then he knocked me out with one swift punch.

I woke up bound by rubber cuffs on my ankles and wrists, there was one across my torso too. I laughed to myself, these guys did their homework. If I couldn't electrocute people or move my hands or legs, I'll try to use the mind swap ability when someone comes into the room. Speak of the devil, Valentín and some other dude barged into the room.
"Where is he?," he fumed.
"Who are you talking about?"
"My soldier. Where is he!?"
"I have no idea. Did you check the bathrooms?"
He slapped me across the face and shouted at the guy to get the machine. "You will be my perfect weapon, Ružový! You will obey!" The guy walked in with the machine. "Don't hold back!"
They were gonna use electroshock on me again. I wanted to use the ability right now but to be honest I was scared to use it. But there was no time for hesitation. I tried to use it on the guy but it wasn't working. I was panicking and every time I tried it would retract back into place. I got really scared when he put the mouth piece in my mouth, I couldn't calm down. I kept trying and trying but it was too late.
The machine was on their highest setting, for an hour.
I screamed.
And screamed.