31

*Della's POV*
Before going back I left the helicarrier to run some errands. I breathed in the fresh air and felt somewhat free but at the same time I didn't. Using super speed I zoomed into the nearest clothing store and got a fresh change of clothes. It was sportswear like Pietro's.

After years of choppy work, I got my hair cut short and even at a nearby salon

After years of choppy work, I got my hair cut short and even at a nearby salon. I also got some breakfast for Bucky and myself. Now that I had a chance to clear my mind, I went back to the helicarrier and waited outside of the cage. The people in charge of who goes in and who goes out of the cage were just coming back from their break. They saw me and quickly ran to their stations.
"She's escaped!," blared over the speakers as well as a siren.
I waved to them. Bucky woke up with a start, I walked over to him and handed him the egg and sausage bagel, coffee, muffin, and banana I got him for breakfast and winked. He smiled and devoured his food. When I turned around a bunch of guards turned the corner and started to come at me but I halted them in place. I was waiting for Fury and the Avengers to show up.
After waiting for what seemed like an hour, the whole crew and my old friends came into the room.
"I was starting to think I was gonna have to go get you guys myself!," I shouted above the commotion. Pietro looked at me with an expression of confusion so I sent him a nod of reassurance.
"What the hell is going on!," Fury shouted once the sirens were turned off.
"What's going on is the fact that I've been treated like a prisoner ever since you guys broke me out of that place! Sure it's just a "precaution" but quite frankly I am tired of this!," I stood up and pushed the guards to the far wall so I could see everyone's faces better. When I did that the whole group took a step back, ouch.
"When you guys found me I knew you would treat me like this. I kept telling myself that it wouldn't happen but I was completely wrong. You treated me like a foe instead of a friend." I looked at my friends, finally seeing them realize what they did wrong. "Either let me out so I can do my job or watch me walk out of those doors and never see me again." I crossed my arms and waited for someone to say something.
"I'll have to talk to the board but you don't have to stay in that cage anymore," Fury announced.
I nodded and looked to Bucky, he sent me a small smile. "One more thing, Bucky, wants to stay as well."
"Alright," Fury replied. "You can let my men go now, Della."
When I released the agents from their trance they all threw me the stink eye.
"We have a room for you and Bucky that's on the same floor as the Avengers at the Stark tower. You are in room three and Bucky's in room four," Tony said nodding at me to follow him.
I was about to go when someone grabbed my arm. I shook them off before turning to see who it was. What's with people having the need to grab me? Just call my name if you need to ask me something, jeez.
"Sorry. We just wanted to come and see you," Jackie explained. "We didn't know the way they were treating you."
I sighed. "I'm glad you guys are alive," I started to walk away.
"What do you mean alive?," Daniel asked.
"What?"
"You said you were glad to see us alive, what did you mean by that?"
I shook my head. "Valentín told me he had you guys killed. He did it so I wouldn't have a reason to leave. He was very wrong," before they could ask me anything else I zipped out of the room. I was waiting by the nearest exit trying to get the sense of dread to leave me when Bucky and Tony finally caught up to me.
We left that stupid plane to go to the Stark tower. I reached the floor where they homed the Avengers before Tony and Bucky even left the car. When I saw my room number I went ahead and checked it out. It was a small room not that big but nice. The room had a giant window to the left so I got a great view of the city. The bathroom was simple with a sink and a small bathtub. I went over and checked out Bucky's room. It was just like mine except the window was in the center of the room.
Finally the guys made it up to the floor, Bucky came over and checked his room out. I looked at him to see what he thought of the new place when I saw something flash in his eyes. I thanked Tony and sent him away before going over to Buck who was currently sitting on the edge of his bed.
"What's wrong, James?," I felt the need to use his real name for this type of conversation. He bristled a bit when I said this but he felt assured.
"So much change. It's a bit overwhelming," he said looking around while he massaged his thighs anxiously.
"I understand the feeling. Though change may be a good thing at times it's hard to face it."
"Yeah."
"Are you ok here or do you want to move to a different floor? Maybe we can ask for an apartment or something?"
"I'm fine here."
I nodded. "Well if you ever need anything, anything at all, I'll be right next door."
He smiled. "Thank you for staying."
"Thank you for talking to me about it. Pietro helped too."
"Pietro?"
"He's the guy with fading blond hair. Super fast. He told me a few things that helped put my mind at ease."
He didn't say anything but he looked thankful.
"Would you like me to get you anything like a fresh change of clothes or something?"
"Clothes would be nice."
"Alright. I'm gonna go do that real quick."
I zoomed out of his room and stole a fresh change of clothes and shoes for Bucky in a matter of seconds.
"What took you so long?," he joked.
I laughed. "Anything else?"
"I'll be fine."
I hugged him before taking off, it took him a few seconds to hug back but he did. I closed the door behind myself and left to my room. I started thinking about whether or not tonight will be uncomfortable. Will they try to bribe more information out of me? Are they gonna pull some crap and say 'oh we need you to go back in the cage'? I wouldn't be surprised if they did.

After a quick nap I went over to Bucky's room. Some of the Avengers were walking about but I passed them by. I knocked on the door and waited. He opened it and peeked through.
"Bucky it's me."
"Sorry," he opened the door and ushered me in.
"Do you think they'll make us join them for dinner? I'm not ready to see everyone," I rushed out.
"You don't have to go if you don't want to. I was thinking about taking dinner in my room actually."
"Would you mind if I joined you?," I asked.
"I wouldn't mind at all."
I smiled. "See you at 6:00."
I left the room and went over to mine. I was lying on my bed when I heard a strong knock on my door. I went over and opened it slowly.
"Yes?"
It was Steve. "We wanted to know if you and Buck will be joining us for dinner?"
"We won't be. Sorry."
"It's ok. We just wanted to let you know that you can come and eat with us. But it's ok."
"Can we still get a plate?"
"Of course. I'll bring it over at six."
"Thank you."
"My pleasure."
I closed the door. Something in my heart pained for him. I missed him the most in that shit hole of a place. But I can't help but think about what they did to me. Did he even put up a fight to get me out of that cage? I was struggling with that not just with him but with everyone in the Avengers.
I was feeling extremely overwhelmed so I yelled quietly and punched at the wall. There was a fist size hole in it now. "Great."