Chapter 7

HEY HEY HEY! SO IM TRYING TO GET BETTER WITH THE UPDATING THING. I KNOW IM SLOW AT WRITING BUT IM GETTING BETTER. HEHE 

OKAY! VOTE VOTE VOTE! ~DIRECTIONEER12~

I sit with Sophia in every class but trigonometry because we have assigned seats. We have really become good friends. I asked Ryler if she could come to the lake party this weekend. He said yeah. We've gone to the mall and the movies, and she has become my best friend here. Since I have been hanging with her, I have met some of her other friends and have fit in their preppy, but kind and friendly clique. That's kind of funny because I'm the farthest thing from preppy there is before you get to the goths.

We went to see the new Catching Fire movie last week. I must say it was amazing! I wasn't big on the Catching Fire book, but the movie was incredible! It was the best movie ever. The way Peeta looks at Katniss with pure passion and desire makes me cry every time. I want a relationship like that. I need a relationship like that. I need someone who truly cares.

It was finally Friday, and I was thanking god it was. I'm not sure I could have dealt with school another second. I was just walking in the door from school.

"Hey mom?" I screamed loud enough she could here me anywhere in the house.

"Yeah?"

"Can I go to dinner and the movies tonight with Ryler?"

"Honey, I'm really sorry but no, you can't."

"Why? I really want to go!"

"We are having mamaw and pawpaw over for dinner."

I sighed with an unnecessary stomp hoping to sway her decision. I was going to that party whether she liked it or not. I was not missing out on it. Especially because I invited Sophia too.

I texted Ryler. 'Hey slight change in plans. My grandparents are coming over for dinner and my mom said I couldn't come with you tonight so, you need to come over towards my house but stay hidden behind the trees and pick me up at 10. I will explain the rest later.'

I got dressed for my grandparents coming over and pretended I had a migraine. I got some tylonol, but didn't really take it. I flushed it down the toilet. My mom fell for it something awful.

"Poor baby! Go up and lay down, try to get some sleep. I won't bother you and we will try to keep it down." My mom is such a sucker.

I went upstairs and did take a nap because I had several hours to spare and couldn't watch TV or listen to music because I had a "migraine". I set my phone alarm to 9 then woke up and got ready. I wore Hollister shorts and a Charlotte Russe tank top and Rainbows. I wore my pink tribal strapless bathing suit and put my long wavy hair in a side braid. I waited in the dark in my room and made a set up of pillows that looked like a person laid over asleep. I put a sticky note on my door. 'Going to bed. Took 2 P.M. Tylenol. DO NOT BOTHER.'

Ryler texted me around 9:45 saying he was here whenever I was ready. I walked towards the window to climb out and go meet him around the corner. I had just opened the window when I heard steps in the hall. I panicked. I slammed the window shut and leaped into my bed and covered myself with the blanket. I heard the steps stop in front of my room. My mom must have been reading the note I left for her. I heard the door barely creak open, just enough for mom to peek in and make sure I was okay, and she left. She kept walking towards her room which means she must be going to bed. I jumped up, layed the blanket back down, fixed the pillows, and continued to exit through the window.

My room is on the second floor, but it is only about five feet down. I dropped one of my stools out the window too so when I came home I could get back in my room. When I got to Ryler's truck, he yelled, "Hey princess! Take ya long enough?"