Without another word, I turned away from the boy and followed after Hagrid and Draco, heading back towards the castle.

───────────────

After entering into the Hospital Wing, I slowly made my way over to the closest occupied bed. Taking a seat beside Draco, I watched as Madam Pomfrey continued to clean his wound.

"Ouch!" Draco hissed, flinching in pain. "Careful!"

Sighing, I shook my head and spoke down to him, "Relax. She's just trying to help, Draco."

Looking up to meet my gaze, Draco's furious expression seemed to soften ever so slightly. It almost seemed that he wasn't expecting me to come. Lifting an eyebrow, the boy asked, "I didn't think you'd be here."

"Well, you know..." I trailed off, sharing an awkward glance with Madam Pomfrey. "I was just worried about my...boyfriend."

Letting out a light chuckle, Draco hissed in pain once more. Cursing under his breath, his once content expression switched back to a look of annoyance.

"Just wait until my father hears about this," Draco spoke lowly. "He'll get rid of that bloody chicken for good."

"Really?" I asked, raising my eyebrows in disbelief. "All because you got a scratch on your arm?"

"It almost killed me y/n!" He spat.

"You know, I warned you that you'd get hurt..." I trailed off, shrugging my shoulders. "But you were too focused on trying to take the attention away from Harry. You didn't listen to me."

He thought for a moment, then looked back up at me.

"But if Hagrid hadn't brought in that bloody bird-" He was cut off by the doctor.

"You are free to go," Madam Pomfrey spoke, obviously annoyed with Draco's harsh tone.

"B-but it still hurts." He whined.

"You'll be fine."

Without another word, Madam Pomfrey quickly gathered her things and returned back to her office.

Letting out a sigh, Draco reluctantly pushed himself up to a seated position. I could tell he was having a little difficultly, so I reached my hands out to help him.

"Here, let me help," I spoke, lifting him up the rest of the way.

Turning to face me, Draco met my gaze once more. But, just as he was about to speak, several voices began to call out his name.

"Draco! There you are!" Crabbe shouted.

Standing at the entrance to the Hospital Wing, Crabbe, Goyle, Pansy, and Blaise all made their way over to Draco with shared looks of worry on their faces. At the sight of them, Draco slowly laid back down in bed, holding out his freshly bandaged wound for them to see.

"Gosh, does it hurt terribly, Draco?" Pansy asked, her voice softening as she lightly touched his bandage. "I was so worried."

Shrugging, Draco replied, "It comes and it goes. Still, I consider myself lucky. According to Madam Pomfrey, another minute or two, I could've lost my arm."

Lifting my gaze up to meet Pansy's, I watched as she frowned in my direction, sending me an intense glare. It was clear that she was uncomfortable with me being there, as were the rest of them.

"You know what, I'm gonna go," I told Draco, pushing myself up to a standing position. "I'll see you later."

"Wait-"