Chapter 19- A Tiny Tutor Session and Unknown Texts

'Liv honey, I have to tell you something

'Liv honey, I have to tell you something.' My mum said with a worried expression, as she sat down opposite me at the kitchen table.

'Yeah?' I replied, knowing what was coming.

'Tomorrow..'

'You have to leave?' I cut her off as I took a bite out of my pancake.

'At 5 in the morning, maybe earlier.' She whispered as though she didn't want me to hear.
'Look, sweetie, this is always hard for me .. and you of course, and I don't want to go back to New York! I hate leaving-'

'Mum' I started as I laughed, 'its fine, honestly, I'm used to it, it's fine I promise, you have to work.' I smiled as I drank my orange juice.

'Are you sure? If I had the choice, you know that I would definitely stay here, right?' My mum said as she bit her nails.

'Mum, honestly, it's fine, don't worry about me. I'll be fine, I always am fine, how long do you have to go for?' I asked smiling.

'1 or 2 weeks, maybe longer, I never really know, could even be less than week.' She replied as she fidgeted in her seat.

'Yeah.' I replied bluntly.

My phone suddenly vibrated loudly on the table, I quickly picked it up to see a text from Cole.
'Tutor session at 12, yeah?x'

I frowned as I read the message before I quickly sent, 'What?x'

'We agreed that we'd have one every Sunday at 12.'
Woah, I never knew Cole was such a fast replier.

'Wtf, when?' I sent.

'At the party Friday.' My phone flashed.

'Ugh, no, come tomorrow after school.'

'Nah nah, I'm coming now you lazy shit, have you even looked at the time?'

I scoffed as I read the message, lazy shit, I'll give him lazy shit, the cheeky-
I frowned as I read the time on my phone, 11.45am.

'Do you have to?:(' I scowled as I sent the message.
I tapped my finger impatiently as I waited for him to reply.

'Everything okay?' My mum smiled as she stood up.

'Yeah.. I think Coles coming round soon.' I sighed as I rubbed my the side of my head.

'Oooooo.' My mum winked.

'Mum, how many times have I got to tell you? It's just-'

'It's just a tutor session.' My mum mimicked my voice as she waved her hands around dramatically.