Chapter 14: You Can Always Dream

(A/N: Im so so so sorry for having this update be so late! I have had some exams and projects that couldn't wait. But here's that next chapter!)

Recap:

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

I woke up the next morning with a start. I hadn't realized that I had slept in so late until I saw how high up the sun was already in the sky. I was alarmed at how late I was for my work out with Matt.

I jumped out of bed where Johnny was snoring away the morning, with out a care in the world I might add.

I went into the bathroom and quickly brushed my rats nest of a hair on my head into a silkier and more manageable bunch, and put it up into a high bun, where I could easily slip it into a cap. I changed into my suit and washed my face, hopping it would help with the late night grogginess, from before.

I got out of the bathroom to see Johnny still snoring away. I sighed, still really unsure how I felt about our whole relationship 'turn of events'. I quickly opened up our door quietly and ran down stairs.

I saw that Matt was no where to be found and that the back door was opened. I went out and I saw Matt in the shed looking for some cables. When he pulled them out and steppe out, I realized that they were the ones we used to tow out jet skis.

We really only ever used them if we need to go and pick one up that has malfunctioned or won't start.

"Good morning! I'm sorry I'm late, I slept in." I told him.

"It's fine after going to get your best friend at that time of night I don't blame you for getting an extra hour of shut eye." He said back.

"Thanks for understanding, I just didn't think that you heard us last night, I'm sorry if we woke you up or were loud." I said, feeling bad for waking him up.

"Don't worry about it, I'm a light sleeper, it's normal for me to wake up once or twice a night." He said and I nodded.

"Okay coach what's our plan of attack today? And why are you using towing cables?" I asked suspiciously.

"Oh your are going to love this." He said giving me a creepy grin. A grin that made me regret even getting up this morning.

"What are we doing?" I asked slowly, worried of the answer.

"Oh well I am going to take two jet skis out, the first one I'm going to drop off in the middle of no where and that second one on the other side of the lake, I will try to distance them equally so we have a fair game. Anyway when I radio back you have to swim and try to find the jet ski and I will be swimming towards it as well, but whoever gets to it gets a ride back, but you have to pick up the other one, but the person who doesn't get it has to swim all the way home, or have the other person pick it up." He told me.

The game sounded fair and it had a good work out mixed into it.

"Okay, only thing is that if you get Matt and you need a rest you can stop on anyone's dock," I said.

"Oh so you think that I won't get it huh?" He said jokingly.

"Oh I know you won't," I said sticking my tongue out for good measure.

"Let the best swimmer win," he said, and I saluted him.

I helped him hook up the cables to the jet skis and I watched him until he was out if sight. We out down a specific time so we would know that if we didn't get the jet ski that time was up and we had to go home.