Chapter 13: Things Don't Always go as Planned

Recap:

I went over to Johnny. "Hey come on lunch is ready." I said tugging on his arm.

His focus left his brother and he looked down at me and smiled.

He wrapped his arm around my waist and shot one more look at his twin. But once again, I had a bad feeling that, that look held a nasty double meaning.

"Great." he said getting us both plates.

We filled our plates up and so did everyone else.

Just before we sat down, Johnny wrapped his arm around me again and brought my face to his and kissed me gently on the lips, it turned into a deeper kiss than I expected. My brother cleared his throat and I pulled away. I, no doubt, was bright red.

I looked over to Coral who was snickering. I looked up to Ian who had neutral look on his face, but Lucas was glaring so harshly at his twin that I wouldn't be surprised if Johnny just shot into flames.

We then ate our food, and made small talk. I was about half way through when Missy came down stairs, I shot her a dark look, it turns out she's staying for the party tonight, but then she's gone.

Or so we would hope.........

************************************************************************************************************

A party.

The last thing I really wanted right now was a party.

Considering what happened at the last one that is.

A lot of things changed from just one drunken night.

I was no longer the little innocent girl that I use to be.

I had changed.

People might of not picked up on it yet, and I hope they don't. But I had changed on the inside.

And it wasn't for the better.

I think now that things have changed I have become for cautious, and I feel different I guess you could say.

But I don't think it was anyone's fault but my own.

I am the one who decided to get drunk, it wasn't forced upon me by someone, I decided, even in my stupid and crazy drunken state to sleep with Johnny. It wasn't anyone's fault but my own.

I can't blame Johnny for sleeping with me, he was in a drunken gaze as well, even though he told me he wouldn't drink and keep an eye on me. It wasn't his fault, he gave into peer pressure.

(A/N: kids don't give into peer pressure, nothing good comes out of it.)

I looked at myself in the mirror. I looked hard. I could see my reflection but the look in my eyes was different, not exactly empty, but it wasn't my normal shining bright eyes. They had dimmed slightly, I looked almost tired.

But one thing was for sure, the girl staring back at me wasn't the girl I was a few days ago. The girl who looked back at me wasn't the girl I wanted to be either.

The girl staring back at me alarmed me. My reflection had dull eyes, no really joy, my body looked slouched, not upbeat, my face looked passive, not happy.

That reflection wasn't me.

I am going to fix this feeling that seems to be clouding over me. It was the shift that I had felt since my birthday.

I had my virginity taken, and I was saving it for first person that feel in live with. The person that I was dreaming about marrying. The person I wanted to have kids with.

Not my best friend.

But things don't always go as planned.

Sometimes life throws you a curve ball. And you have to know how to hit it just right, or else you miss it completely.

I sighed and looked out the window, life sure has thrown me a curve ball, and I am watching as my life plays out and as that ball gets closer and closer to its peak, the moment I need to hit it.

"Hey." Johnny said coming into our bedroom and laying down on the bed next to me. "What's up?" He asked.

"Just thinking." I replied, still looking out of the window, at the shimmering lake bellow.

This was my favorite time of day, when the sun was just beginning to set, and the different colors from the sky would reflect off of the water and sparkle on boats and decks.

It was mesmerizing.

"Oh, well, 'Ms. Bitch' is getting slutted up for the party," he said putting air quotes around her nickname. A small smile came on my face. "I think Lucas, your brother, and Coral, are all going as well." He said and I nodded.

Things between Lucas and I had been tense since he and Ian had come back. I wanted to patch up that relationship. It's just what happened before that's holding me back...

"You want to curl up and watch a movie?" He asked. I smiled lightly and nodded. I saw him frown at my distance-ness, but he didn't say anything and for that I was grateful.

He pulled out some romantic comedy, knowing it was one of my favorites and pulled out a blanket from the closet.

He laid down and I snuggled into his side and laid my head down on his chest. He wrapped his strong arms around me and pulled me tight to him.

I relished in his warmth.

We began to watch the movie.

Every once and a while I would look outside to the lake to see the sun going father down into the horizon, and soon it was gone. Just a soft pale pink light remained. And soon that was gone too.

Just the stars.

About an hour into the movie I heard the sounds of jet skis being started and then the sound was getting farther off.

At some point I must of fallen asleep.

**

I was being shaken violently, and I sprang awake.

"What?" I asked slightly groggy.

"It's Coral, she was in some kind of accident at Bri's house. I have to go and check on her." He said urgently.

Hearing that my best friend was in trouble immediately swept away all sense of tiredness.

"I'm coming with you!" I stated.

"No I don't want to have to worry about you too, stay here." He said, turning into his demanding self.

"Well to bad," I said back. Jumping to my feet I ran down the stairs and out to the deck.

I could hear Johnny's footfalls and curses behind me. I ignored him and grabbed the keys for my jet ski. I ran out to the lift and hit the bottom to let mine and Johnny's down.

As soon as they were down I jumped on mine, not even bothering to grab a life jacket. I turn on my jet ski, and turned so I wouldn't hit anything, and out of the corner of my eye I could see Johnny doing the same thing.

I took of, full speed and not worrying at all what could happen, the only thing on my mind was that my best friend was hurt and I needed to get to her.

I could hear Johnny right on my tail. I wasn't thinking about him though just Coral.

I could soon hear and see the house party. It was in full swing. I saw that jet skis were all over the front.

So I quickly hooked it to another one and dove off it and started to swim to shore.

I didn't care that was wearing only a thin pair of pjs and skin colored undies underneath. I didn't pay attention what Johnny was yelling at me to do.

I quickly got over to the dock and pulled myself up onto it. I started to sprint into the house, dripping wet.

When I got inside all I was doing was searching for a familiar face. I began to push people out if my way as I made my way towards the dance floor.

All I could smell was alcohol, drugs, and pot. I hated this smells.

I coughed as I passed a group of completely stoned guys, they reeked.

I then saw a familiar face but someone who I didn't think I would see.

"Sebastian!" I screamed and ran over to him.

He looked up at me in surprise.

"Kat? What are you doing here?" He asked.

"My best friend, I got a call and someone told me she was hurt, where is she?" I asked, screaming for him to hear me over the blaring music.

"Oh! She's by the kitchen, that's where I saw her last!" He screamed back. I nodded and thanked him and took off towards the kitchen.

But before I got there I was yanked roughly by someone who I have hated since I was ten.

Bret. Bret Collins.

"Hey Kat." He slurred, clearly drunk. I tried to pull away. "Want to have a good time." He slurred trying to sound suductive, but it really sounded like a dying cat.

I then saw a fist come out of now where and punch him square in the face. I let out a sequel in surprise.

"No she doesn't." Johnny said venomously. I looked down to see Bret laying on the ground unconscious.

I looked up at Johnny who still looked very pissed off. I grabbed his arm and led him towards the kitchen.

I saw Coral Lucas first, and then my brother, they were crowded around who I knew was Coral. I ran up to them and saw that coral was on the urge of crying, and she had every right to.

There was a large shard of glass stuck in her arm. She was bleeding and the only had a cloth to stop it.

I looked at the wound shocked, how I'm earth had she done that? It didn't matter.

"Some one get me a first aid kit, a bowl of water and a bottle of some strong alcoholic beverage." I yelled out my orders and everyone scrambled.

"Hey Cor, look at me. It's going to be okay." I told her.

She only nodded and tried to not cry out.

"How did you do it?" I asked.

"I was dancing and I fell on a broken beer bottle." She said and I nodded.

It was then that all if the boys had returned.

I took the alcohol from my brother and gave it to Coral in her good hand.

"Drink this, it will help with the pain." I said completely serious.

I was glad that u had taken a lifeguard course and I was certified in First Aid.

The alcohol part was just because I didn't have any anistetic on hand.

I took out all of the contents of the first aid kit and wet down a piece of gauze from the bowl of water.

I slightly applied pressure around the area of the glass, but not to much.

I knew that the glass hasn't hit any of her many arteries because there wasn't much blood. But I could tell that it was in deeper than what I first thought.

But I had to get it out before she moved it and did hit something vital.

I put on the gloves and took another piece of gauze out of the bag. I then, put pressure on the surrounding are of the wound.

"Don't move your arm whatever you do, okay?" I told her and she nodded. I then quickly took a hold of the glass and pulled it out if her arm and covered her now open arm.

She screamed slightly when I put to much pressure on the open wound.

I mumbled a sorry, I told Johnny to put continued pressure on her arm.

I looked in the kit and saw that there were indeed stitches. I wasn't really trained on how it put stitches in but I knew that I had to do at least temporary work.

I waited until she wasn't bleeding nearly as much as before and I then I quickly stitched up her arm.

When she was done I realized that she had drank almost half of the bottle of what I realized now was some kind of whiskey.

"Okay take her back on the jet skis. I'll have someone. Come back and get hers." I told them.

But Johnny wasnt having any of it.

"You aren't even suppose to be here! You were suppose to listen to me and stay home. We could have brought her home and have had you do what you just to her there!" He said blowing it up.

"We couldn't of moved her!" I shot back. "It could of hot a vital artery! She could have bled out! I would had to have done it here." I screamed.

"But what Bret did to you is not okay, that's why I don't like you going to parties because people take advantage of your innocence. " he growled out.

I decided to ignore him.

"You guys can go back to the house and I'll be back in a minute, I need to use the restroom." I told them. I started for the bathroom and did my business.

I walked back out to see that the party was still going steady.

I started to head for the door, but was stopped.

"Look who it is." Missy and her posy sneered.

"Not in the mood." I sighed out trying to get to an exit.

"Your such a bitch, you have the nerve to go after my guy! And then kiss him in front of me!" She screamed at me.

"I'm not in the mood Missy, we can do this later, when you aren't drunk, and dressed like a whore." I snapped at her.

She was wearing a dress that was so low I swear you could see part of he nipple and so short that it didn't even cover her but, it looked like she was wearing a dress for a ten year old.

"What did you call me?" She screamed.

"A whore." I said bluntly.

"You skank."

"Look in the mirror." I said back and walked away.

I ran out and got onto my jet ski after jumping into the water.

I rode home and put it in the lift. I turned on auto and ran inside. I saw Johnny or Lucas poking around in the kitchen and the opposite twin with Coral along with everyone else excluding Matt.

"She should be fine but in the morning call a doctor and we will have to have them check her out, also see if the can make a home visit, because I don't wan her moving her arm to much." I said tiredly.

Everyone nodded and went up to their rooms except for my brother and Johnny.

"I'm sorry." I said falling into his chest.

"I know I'm just upset that you disobeyed me, but I know why you did it, but please next time just listen." He said. He sounded like a father scolding a child which made me laugh. He was way to protective but in a good way.

Even though sometimes it could be a pain in the ass.

"Let's go to bed." I said as I saw it was around two in the morning.

"Okay..."

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

A/N: I'm so very sorry for the late update!

I have been overwhelmed with college prep and high school. And clubs and volunteering.

So I am very sorry.

This was more of a filer chapter but something that happened in this will be very important later on.

Anyway...

I really hope you guys are enjoying this!

Also for anyone who hasn't read The Wolf with Four Mates, needs to!

I entered it into the Watty Awards!

Please go and read and vote for it! It would mean a lot to me!

Please...

Comment...

Vote...

Fan...

Follow....

And keep on reading!!!!

Love,

•C