Chapter 12: A Different Look at LIfe

Chapter 12: A Different Look at Life

Recap: (A/N: recap taken from different parts of the last chapter, not just the end)

"Okay it's not that much of a deal, it's more of a compromise." He said grinning.

That grin, though not evil, made me want to step back and look at him differently.

"What kind of compromise?" I asked warily.

"We will date. Like girlfriend boyfriend. We will be together, everyone else already thinks we are." He said completely serious.

I looked at him shocked. He has never brought anything like this to me ever.

I mean we were best friends. Even though I guess we could be more than that.
"Umm.." I said.

"I will be the boyfriend you've never had, I will be there for you like I am a friend. I will be the constant in your life like I have been since we were little, I will watch out for you. Always."

"We'll then I feel justifie doing this." He said As he leaned over and kissed me straight on the lips.

It was like the one in his house from the day before. Long and sweet. But it warmed me from the inside out.

"What the hell??" A male voice yelled. I jumped, unaware at my brothers sudden presence in the room. I yelped as I feel off of the couch and on to the floor.

"What the hell dude?" Johnny yelled as he helped me up and wrapped a protective arm around my waist.

Missy was a cousin on my side of the family. And she was the exact opposite of me. She was a slut, and she was a prep. And not a nice one.

She was one of the the leaders, she would always put people down and make them feel bad, including her own family. It was bad, she treated me like I was her own personally maid.

But te worst part f it all. Was that she was obsessed, with Johnny. And it wasn't the good way either.

"Who's here?" Johnny said peaking around the corner. His whole demeanor changed from a few seconds ago.

"Oh look at you, hot as ever!" Missy said as she pushed past me. She walked right up to him and smashed her lips on his.

I had something happen to me that's never happened before.

And it was kind of scary.

I saw Red.

It was already pretty late so we decided to lay down and get ready for bed.

I was in bed And I felt Johnny get in behind me in his boxers.

He wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me into his body.

"Goodnight Kitten." He said and I smiled slightly before falling into a deep sleep.

*******************************************************************************************************************

I awoke to the soft snoring of someone behind me. The first thing I registered was the I was very hot and the second thing was that all of the memories came flooding back.

It hadn't really set in that much yesterday. But now I realized what a predicament I was truly in. How was I suppose to act?

Different?

The same?

I was dating my best friend for gods sake. what was I suppose to do? Great him with a good morning kiss? leave the bed before he wakes up, and make him breakfast.

But the main thing that I realized was that I didn't know how this was going to affect our friendship as a whole.

Was I ever going to be able to go to him in confidence like before, or will it be different now that our overall status has changed. Would we change as friends, or become closer?

I still wanted that person that was my friend to be there for me when I needed him. I want to still be close and share stupid nonsense secrets.

I don't know if this whole boyfriend thing will work out, if it means we have to change the way we are now then its not worth it.

Nothing is worth losing your friend over, no matter what kind of relationship you have.

Johnny is my rock, and I never want that to change, and if I'm selfish for being that way so be it. I need a rock to hold me down.

I might get annoyed because he holds me back from having regular high school experiences, but I now understand that he is just trying to protect me, and I am very grateful for that.

I was taken out of my thoughts to movement behind me, Johnny had stopped snoring a while ago but I guess being in my own little world zoned out whatever he was doing.

He groaned and pulled me closer to him, but his arm was wrapped around me so tight, and was pushing on my very full bladder, which had chosen now to make it sekf known.

I squirmed around trying to get lose, after all the need to pee can be a very accreting one.

I wanted to scream in frustration, he wasn't going to let go anytime soon, but I knew that the only way I could ever get out of this hold was to wake him up.

But the only sad part is that he is a very heavy sleeper, he could probably sleep through a whole battle and wake up and have absolutely no idea as to what went on, his mom gave up on trying to wake him up for school years ago, and I don't blame her.

I started easy, by shaking him. that got nothing but a heavy snore. I growled in aggravation. I then began to push on his chest with my back and on his legs with my own.

That got no where.

I ten resulted to hitting him, which still had no effect, neither did staring, glaring, blowing on hid face or licking him, what it was worth a shot right? ;)

I then resulted to lthe last thing in the book, screaming in his ear.

I screamed so loud I wouldn't be surprised if China heard me.

he woke up with a start, jumping off the bed, almost falling on his ass I might add, and looking for any possible danger. then he turned to look at me, but I was already half way to the bathroom.

right before I reach the bathroom door I feel an arm wrap its self around my waist and pull me back towards the bed, I scream in frustration.

"Go back to sleep Kitten, its too early," he mumbles sleepily.

"But I have to pee!!! I scream at hm.

He instantly lets go, knowing that if he doesn't what there will be an accident.

He knows this because one time when we were five, I told him I need to use the bathroom and he didn't wan to, long story short, I ended up wetting the bed that we were both sleeping on, but I mean when a girls got to pee, a girls got to pee.

After I relieved myself, which I felt very nice afterwards, I washed my hands and proceeded t go back into the bedroom and lay down.

I wasn't even in the bed three seconds that I felt a warm muscled arm wrap around my waist, and pull me into a warm hard chest. '

Sometimes this was just a nature thing for him to do. HE sometimes did it in his sleep, but it was comforting to know if he was doing it subconsciously or just all the time.

He knew it made me feel good and safe, and I trusted him to not do anything stupid.

I don't think I fell back sleep that early morning but I knew I was thinking about a lot of different things. 'I tend to think a lot better in the morning, I'm more relaxed, and at peace, I feel good and that makes it a lost easier to think and figure out what problems and the days activities.

I seemed to do a lot better in calm situations, but don't get me wrong I can handle stress just fine, but I like calm, and mellow auras.

I tend to be a very weird person when it comes to how I act around certain people. A lot of different people have a lot of different effects on me. Sometimes people think of me as two faced, just because my energy level changes around people.

I think its normal, just because I don't feel or notice the shift, it just comes over me and I go with it. I am greatly affected by the feelings in the room though. whenever things begin to feel awkward I cant sit still. when there's a tense feeling in the room I tend to want to leave, or solve the problem. I guess you could say I'm ADHD or ADD.

Things for me all depend on weather or not I feel comfortable.

Johnny's legs moved behind me and I realized that I had been off in my own little world for over an hour just thinking about the experiences I've had that have really made me feel uncomfortable.

And right now was one of them.

How was I going to act towards him when other people were around?

Well I wasn't going to stick around to find out. I quickly and quietly got out of bed and went over to my drawers and got out my practice suit. I went into the bathroom to change.

When I got out I saw that Johnny was at the early stages of waking up.

His arms were above his head, and his muscles were flexed. His hair was tousled and his cheeks had a slight tint of pink to them. He looked slightly dazed but came out of it as soon as he saw me staring. He gave me a cocky smirk. I blushed and looked away.

"See something you like?" He asked cockily.

"Nope not really." I said shrugging.

I started for the door, going out to meet Matt for practice this morning.

"Ah ah ah," Johnny said jumping in front of the door before I could make my escape. He made a face at me like he was upset that I was trying to leave.

"Can you please move? I have to go and practice with Matt." I said almost irritated. I wasn't sure why I was though, but he didn't seem to pick up on it.

"Not until I get a good morning kiss." He said grinning. I grimaced, which only made him grin wider.

I quickly leaned up and gave him a quick peck on the lips.

I leaned back down ready to leave.

"There." I said.

"That was barely a kiss," he said as he wrapped his arm around my waist, bringing me in. He then leaned down and connected our lips in a soft passionate way. It was one of those kisses that took your breath away, and made you get that warm cozy, but exciting feeling in your stomach. I kissed him back, and he continued to deepen the kiss. He then slowly retreated. gave me one last peck, "That's a kiss." he said letting go of me and going into the bathroom.

I must of stood there for five minutes trying to regain my breath, he had took it away with a simple kiss. I was trying to comprehend these feelings, it made no sense, I could like him, like him, like that so fast, we only started dating last night.

I have never really experienced these feelings before, they were different, crazy, insane, magical.

I shook my head getting those thoughts out of my head. I started down the stairs, to see matt sitting on the island, eating a bowl of cereal.

"Good morning." I greeted him.

"Good morning." he answered.

"Are you ready for training? I think we should get going." I said.

"Yep, of course. Are you okay?" He asked, picking up on my eagerness.

"Yes, fine. Meet me out on the deck." I said.

I walked out onto the deck from the backyard. I was ready to just go and train. I wasn't really suppose to train, with my concussion and all, but I couldn't sacrifice not training, our team needed to go to regionals this year, there was no question. I need to be there to lead my team, I needed to set a good example for them, making the regionals time in the first meet.

The last three years we have gone, and I have been leading my team to victory each time, I wouldn't give that up my senior year, just because of a boy, or any other reason.

"Okay today we are going to have to work you, but we cant push to much because of your head and all, we wouldn't want you to not be able to compete." Matt said coming out of the house, and down to the deck.

"What's our warm up?" I asked.

"Easy 500." He said getting his goggles on.

Just like that we were off.

After only an hour and a half my head was beginning to hurt, and then another 20 minutes later it became unbearable. I told Matt and he made me get out and dry off.

"Maybe we can get in again later." I persisted.

"No, if we do that, we could risk making a lot worse, then you couldn't compete at all." He told me sternly.

"Please? I promise I wont push myself too much. just a few more yards, just to even it out." I said, not giving up.

"No. and that's final." he snapped. He only snaps at a person when he's being completely serious. He has snapped at me multiple times for the same thing.

Swimming.

Its a severe passion that I have. I have had it since I was two, when I learned how to swim.

I took to as some may say, like a fish, im quick, and slick in the water.

"What are you two arguing about?" one of the twins asked.

He came up to me and placed a gentle kiss on my lips, Johnny then.

"Kat wants to swim, even though she has a severe migraine. She cant, she wont be able to compete, she will just continue to make it worse." He said in complete seriousness.

I pouted.

yes pouted, if you take away swimming from me, you take away half of my life. the water has always been and will always be my second home.

"Yes Kitten, you are done, and tomorrow no swimming, just kicking, we don't want your minor head injury to turn into a major one. Just for tomorrow, then we will see." Johnny told me.

"Fine, but later this week we will have to make up for all of the lost yards." I told them, not really giving up, but compromising.

"Good." Johnny, and Matt said happy and relieved.

I walked up the stairs with Johnny in toe. I went over to my stuff and grabbed some comfortable clothes to change into.

I went into the shower and turned on the water beginning to make it warm. I stripped down and stepped in.

About half way through the shower I heard a knock on the door.

"Yeah?" I asked.

"Jared just told me that Stephanie is having a party tonight," Johnny said through the door.

"Okay." I said.

"Your not going, just to let you know." He said. I looked up at the ceiling and rolled my eyes.

"If I'm not going, then what's the point of telling me about it." I said back.

"Oh I'm just telling you so you don't make any stupid choices, like oh I don't know, last summer." he drawled out.

I giggled at that memory. That was the only party, previous to my own, that I actually went to, well kind of. I was only there for like ten minutes before Johnny came in and dragged me out of the house and onto his jet ski, and took me home.

"Fine, fine, I don't really feel like getting drunk or doing stupid things." I said back.

"That's my girl." he said, I could help the smile that tugged on the edge of my lips when he called me 'his' girl.

"I'll be out in ten minutes." I told him.

I heard a faint 'okay' then footsteps inducating he was leaving.

I hummed to myself as I finished my shower and got dressed.

I wrapped my wet hair in a towel before going into the room in search for a brush.

After another ten minute struggle with my tangled hair, it was out into a regular high ponytail.

I jogged down the stairs into the foyer.

Everyone was scattered around the house, I could see Johnny or Lucas in the living room with Ian, Coral and my brother on the porch outside, she was obviously flirting with him, that made me grimace, then the other twin with Matt in the kitchen.

I walked into the kitchen getting ready to make lunch for everyone.

Todays lunch was going to be a simple sandwich bar, you set out different kind of breads, meats, and cheeses, as well as condiments.

"Hello, how did my Princess sleep, hmm?" So it was Lucas.

"Perfectly fine, thank you." I said, getting things out of the fridge.

"That's good, well I hope you are coming to the party tonight." He said.

"Oh no, I'm not coming." I answered beginning to cut up some different meats.

"Why not?" he asked, almost slightly upset.

I risked a look at him, and he was staring right me, with a very heated look, I might add.

"Erm, well I'm not exactly allowed to go," I said and he let out an angry exhale.

"He's not letting you go is he?" he asked venomously.

"Its not just that, I don't particularly want to go." I said honestly.

"Really? because at your birthday, it seemed to me that you were having the time of your life. Do you not like the effects of a hangover, because they seem easier to handle and deal with once you've had them a few times. trust me I've had them" He said.

I still couldn't wrap my head around the fact that he had not stopped me from getting anymore drunk that I was. Johnny no doubt at that time was completely out of it. He should of just stopped me from doing stupid things, like well, sleeping with his brother.

"Trust me its not really worth it. I don't really feel like going, my head still hurts from this morning." I said setting out the various groups of cheeses, onto the island.

he caught me off guard by grabbing me around the waist and turning me around and pulling me flush against him. I gasped as I came into contact with his hard muscled body. he pushed me up against the island.

"Are you sure?" he asked, looking into my eyes.

His eyes looked so sad, I wasn't sure as to why, it felt like something inside of me broke. I felt really bad that I hadn't known that something was so greatly upsetting him. He was depressed, and he couldn't hide it anymore.

I felt the wall that I had built up in my head against him crumble down.

"Yes." I whispered.

it felt like the word I had just spoke held a double meaning. Everything about this conversation held a double meaning. But as to what that other meaning was I wasn't sure.

"Why cant things go back to the way they were before?" He asked in complete sorrow.

And just like that, all of my worry, and confusion towards his sadness was gone. My face hardened. The wall went back up.

"You know exactly why," I spat at him.

"What the hell is going on?" A very angry Johnny said from the doorway.

"Nothing." I said pushing Lucas off of me. "Nothing at all," I said.

The brothers glared at each other.

I went over to Johnny. "Hey come on lunch is ready." I said tugging on his arm.

His focus left his brother and he looked down at me and smiled.

He wrapped his arm around my waist and shot one more look at his twin. But once again, I had a bad feeling that, that look held a nasty double meaning.

"Great." he said getting us both plates.

We filled our plates up and so did everyone else.

Just before we sat down, Johnny wrapped his arm around me again and brought my face to his and kissed me gently on the lips, it turned into a deeper kiss than I expected. My brother cleared his throat and I pulled away. I, no doubt, was bright red.

I looked over to Coral who was snickering. I looked up to Ian who had neutral look on his face, but Lucas was glaring so harshly at his twin that I wouldn't be surprised if Johnny just shot into flames.

We then ate our food, and made small talk. I was about half way through when Missy came down stairs, I shot her a dark look, it turns out she's staying for the party tonight, but then she's gone.

Or so we would hope.........

***********************************************************************************************************************

A/N: Hey guys!!!!

Sorry for the two week wait, just been really busy with AP school work and all.

But heres a new chapter for you.

Also I just want to let you all know I finally finished The Wolf with Four Mates!!!!!!!

I also entered it into the WATTY AWARDS!!

So when it comes for the time, I really wish you would vote for it.

But if any of you haven't read it, will you? It means a lot to me!

Also I started a new book, its stories about my personal experiences. and how I was bullied and how I came through it.

If any of you are bullied or have problems with depression, cutting, or suicide. please talk to someone.

I am here if you don't want to talk to an adult. I'm here to help, and talk. Just send me a message, trust me, it helps to talk to someone.

Anyway what's going to happen next?

What's Kats and Lucas's relationship?

What happened to them on the past?

Anyway...

Please....

Comment

Vote

Fan

Follow

And keep on reading.

Love,

*C