Delusion

Syler could begin to feel his brain unraveling itself. He truly started to fear the ability of what his mind was able to do and conjure up. He was scared of how fast he was starting to become consumed by his nightmares. Syler wasn't a violent person, he never was. He was never one to pick fights in the playground as a kid. He never had a violent encounter during his middle school years, yet now the thought of murder had started to cross his mind. The power. He had the ability to take another human's life. The speed is what truly scared Syler, how fast he was able to kill. He'd watched the hooded creature kill in mere seconds many times. Syler was still in control of his own thoughts for the most part, but he started to get to points where he felt as if his brain had been consumed. He started to get headaches every once in awhile. He described them more as migraines, they made his head pound, and Syler found them to be uncomfortable. He refused to take pain medication when they did occur, as he didn't want to end up becoming dependant on the pills as well as his already well-developed cigarette habit. He was already destroying his body with everything he was doing, and he knew that if he started on the pills he'd just end up overdosing on them one day. Syler wasn't too keen on that at this moment He was already in pain with what he was doing. He felt the pain in his stomach. He knew it wasn't something healthy. He could feel his body fighting him. He knew he was killing himself, that had started to become Syler's intent. He wanted to keep control of something. If he couldn't keep control of his own thoughts, he made sure he was in control of something else.

Syler felt a sharp pain beginning to beat in his head. He sighed as that meant something was bound to happen. He looked up at the ceiling, hoping that would be the safe haven. He hoped his mind would not create anything that was hiding on the ceiling. He clenched his fist to try and distract himself from the pain of his head. The only way he knew to rid of his pain was to create a new source of pain in a different part of his body. He felt a difference between controlled pain and uncontrolled pain, and Syler felt enjoyment from inflicting pain on himself. He used it to distract himself from the pain that everything else caused. He had grown to love blood when he was the reason the blood was leaking. Syler could feel the shadows beginning to tear at his unconscious mind. He felt the migraines were a sign that they were unraveling his brain, and so he feared them. He wished they would go away. He truly didn't know what to feel really. He felt lost most of the time. His mouth was starting to lose its' ability to form completely coherent sentences. Sometimes he would have trouble forming words, he would stumble over his words and stutter. Syler knew these signs. He knew they were signs of danger, of psychosis. He wasn't blind to what was happening to him. He just truly didn't know how to stop it.

Syler watched a shadow form on the ceiling. It crawled on all fours and it seemed to be searching for something. Syler's heart began to beat and his migraines worsened. He clenched his fist, digging his nails into his skin. He felt hopeless. He watched the shadow scurry on all fours in haste until it was right above him. It turned its head to face him. Its' eyes were glowing a bright red, which was something Syler had never seen on a shadow before. He knew this one was a menace to him. He began to claw at his wrist with his other arm to try and get the shadow to leave. He watched it pull its' back feet off of the ceiling, and then the rest of itself. It manifested itself onto Syler's bed, and it stared at him. Its' limbs seemed to have disappeared into its' shadowy body. Syler dug his nails deeper into his skin as his head had begun to pound, it felt as if there was a nail being driven into his skull. He heard the creature begin to speak. It was mainly nonsense to him, but he began to make our words from the long monologue that was coming from the shadow's long, beak-like, mouth. He began to make out words.

You are never safe. No one is safe. Danger lies where you walk. Nothing is safe

Syler heard a deafening ringing in his ears as well. His nails kept digging into his skin. He wanted to scream. He wanted them out of his head. He wanted the shadows to leave him alone. He wanted to breathe for once without feeling like he was suffocating in the air that surrounded him. Syler wanted to feel alive again, at least for a couple of days. He didn't want to feel as dead as he did, but nothing could truly help him. He knew he was too far gone. He knew once he hit crisis point, there would be no return.