Lust

Two days passed before Syler could see Lauren again, but in those days he ended up getting interviewed for the position for the job that he was hoping for, along with Zane's help. Syler was hoping dearly that he would get it so he could waste his time in less self-destructive ways, but he knew that was almost impossible, as Syler was good at self-sabotage in so many senses. He was just happy to finally have money to buy cigarettes and other things he may want.

Lauren had texted him that morning and asked about him and if he was ok, as his absence concerned her, which Syler wasn't ready for. He'd never actually been asked if he was ok by anyone. It was an alien term in his brain, but it made him feel good that someone cared enough about his well-being that they asked about him. He had never actually liked pity or sympathy really, so he did tend to keep anything that would cause pity to himself, and only recently felt he could share with anyone, and that was a breakthrough to him. The dreams on the other hand, those remained within himself.

Syler had fallen asleep after another sleepless night of smoking on the roof until his lungs felt like they were dying. The whole puking situation the day prior didn't help the feeling either. He was prepared for the dreams, as he slowly started to become accustomed to them more and more. They weren't nearly as terrifying to him as they once were, he was never phased by the hooded creature's killing sprees, or the cleansing acts, it all seemed normal to Syler now. Syler tossed and turned for a couple of minutes before he finally forced himself to sleep.

The creature was sitting on the rock, which was by the cliff that faced the moon. It seemed almost dead, unmoving. The wind was rustling its' clothing. The hooded creature seemed serene for a little bit, almost as if it was calmed down from anything. The silence felt deafening to the creature, and it looked down at the cliff below. The fall was far beyond what anyone could survive, it was deep, and the pitch blackness of the hole seemed to haunt anyone who looked down it. It caused many people's hearts to just race, but the importance of this hole, no one knew.

The creature stood up after a couple of moments and its' head was turned to the moon. Syler knew what was going to happen, it happened every time. The creature began to roll up it's sleeves and watched the weak pulsing of maggots through its' veins. It soon began to take the energy of the moon. The moon grew darker, and it began to deepen the craters already in the surface of it. This was a new observation, but the craters got deeper as the creature sapped its' energy. The eyes of the hooded creature began to glow the familiar deep red shade, and the creature let a toothy smile cross its' mouth. Its' teeth glinted in the dull moonlight. Its' heartbeat was louder than anything that was ever heard, it beat through the silence that already seemed to deafen anything around it. The creature walked through the forest, embracing the power it had received. Then it happened again, the pulsing of the maggots through its' veins. The creature felt the squirm as if they were trying to break its' skin and get out. The creature knelt near a tree, took out it's dagger and began to slice along its' veins to release the maggots that were furiously trying to break the skin of the creature. The wound that the hooded creature created was just big enough for the maggots to squirm out, covered in blood they made their way out of the veins of the hooded creature and onto the floor, where they lay and squirm, writhing in the blood that was shed with them. The hooded creature watched them for a little before it put its' dagger away. It was always fascinated by them and how they kept coming back into its' body, but it never questioned it, it refused to, nature was nature, and it would stay that way. The creature let the wound drip blood for a couple of moments before pulling its' sleeve down again. It heard rustling in the leaves, which scared it, or at least startled it. The creature laid its' fingers on its' dagger to make sure it had defense enough in case the danger had come back to it.