"Okay everybody, listen up. Bring extra gear with us. We are going to be headed to where Corey's girlfriends work. Let's go." The chief said out loud.

We gathered extra flashlights, shovels, ropes, and axes. I prayed on the way there. Hoping she was alive and safe.

"The other fire stations, police officers, and paramedics are at the scene of the collapsed buildings." Our chief said through the radio.

"Our number one job right now is to find Corey's girl and the others who are trapped in that building." He added as he radioed us.

The traffic was slow on the way there, probably people trying to get out of the city before another earthquake hits. I guess we are getting redirected. The police officer who was on the road was pointing to the downtown area. Where Tasha works.

Our chief vehicle was in front of us.

"We will be expecting more firefighters, paramedics, police officers, and search and rescue to join us." He said through the radio.

As we got closer to the site of the collapse buildings. All the bricks and other wood coming from the buildings were covering the road. People were walking around the area. Which was dangerous because who knows when the city will get another shock wave.

"This is how far we go. Everybody gears up, bring extra equipment and we will walk from here." Our chief said.

As I got out of the truck. Adrenaline rush through me. It gave me energy not to stop until she's in my arms.

Seeing all the other firefighters, paramedics, and search and rescue from the buildings that are collapsing. Then seeing all the injured getting seen by the paramedics.

I hope my sister and Bonnie get somewhere safe.

Our chief was talking with someone on the radio. Walking through the rumble of bricks from the buildings.

It looks like a war scene everywhere around. Hearing people crying and yelling. Tasha's work was in the middle of all this.

"Okay, guys, the police chief said that San Jose and Oakland got hit too and the areas are probably the same damage as we got here, if not more. We have teams coming from Los Angeles, San Diego, San Bernardino, Fresno, and Suceramedo. That are going helping us. The earthquake hits us and the other two cities." He radioed us.

We kept walking until we stop. Some many thoughts in my mind.

"Corey, we are here," Tim said.

I look up to see the building she works at destroyed. It looked like one floor instead of four. All the bricks, drywalls, and furniture sticking out.

"Chief, can we get a crane right now?" I ask him.

"I'll call it in." He nodded his head and walked away from us.

Walking towards the collapsed building. Trying to find a way to get in. Then seeing the windows which are not broken. Maybe if I can get a look-see and look inside.

"Sam, get me the ladder," I ordered him and other co-workers to help.

"I'm going to take a look inside," I said to them.

We lightly put the ladder against the broken wall of the building. Taking the lead up the ladder. Taking each step slower. It takes me closer to get to Tasha.

As I got up to the window. Seeing the flooring, the furniture, and lots of bricks. I climbed back down.

"I see a lot of flooring and bricks. It should be secure as we remove the bricks. And with help of the crane if we can get it. Now I need some muscular arms with me." Explaining to them.