Or is he using me physically?

What did his last hug meant?

Does my ass look huge in these white jeans?

Fuck, periods.

Maybe I am overthinking because mother flo decided to visit me in the middle of the day. The flow was fast, so hard and I'm wracked with cramps. My mood is downright sullen and sad, I keep snapping at myself everytime I peer at my bloated image in the mirror.

Lose some butt, you butthead.

To top it all off, Ria had called me seven times since the morning, fudging seven times, to be ready on time. I haven't even decided on clothes to wear, let alone make-up. There's just an hour left and they still haven't disclosed who my secret date is. What is to being so effing mysterious to it to begin with!

When I asked Ria the last time she called, she practically rolled her eyes over the phone and told me to suck it up and put on the blue dress she gifted me last Christmas. She said that it hugs my chest well and well, if my boobs will look right, the guy won't even think about concentrating on my ass way too much.

What a theory, Ria! Sometimes, I don't give my best friend the credit she deserves.

Whatever, I take her advice and put on the blue dress with black flats. I was in no fucking mood to wear heels and cramp my legs any further. Whoever this guy was, he can go and suck it!

I brush my hair when a chirpy notification pops up.

I swipe my phone, and read the adjoining message.

RIIAA

Babe, your chariot awaits. And yeah, we're not coming to pick you up. We've sent your Prince Charming. He's someone you hate, so, kiss and make up. xo

What the fuck? Who is this guy? I hate him? Who do I hate?

My head fires a single question every second that I take a step towards my room's window and what I see momentarily stuns me. I freeze; my legs planted and burying deep into the bedroom floor. My head is fuzzy and my feet turn into mush. I catch hold of my nightstand table to keep me upright.

It's no one else than Neel. Fucking Neel!

                         ****

It was sixth grade. I had started putting a lot of weight since the beginning of the year. Lots of things were happening at home and in my life that I chose food as a much needed let out.

I ate to run away from my feelings. At that time, it didn't seem like such a big deal that I ate a whole pack of bread and butter in one go. A bag of chips with a butter dip. My favorite cookies till I finished the jar. It all seemed so innocent back then.

Until, school started after summer break and I couldn't fit into my school's skirt and I thought I've grown out of it. There was no one to complain to. My father didn't seem to care and overall, he was angry because whenever he took me to buy my clothes, the best clothing stores didn't have 'my' size for a kid of my age. Once, there was no jeans my size and I fought the jeans up my thighs in the changing room but couldn't get out of it. I was bawling my eyes out, when a female sales person who would peek in the changing rooms once in a while when you took too long, heard me.

She knocked on the door, and I let her in. She helped me get out of it and smiled at me. No snarky remarks and nothing to increase my shame. But, school was a stark difference. 

One of the days after school commenced, I found myself fighting to get into my skirt as my school van was to get there in fifteen minutes.

There was not a lot of time and my father would not stop yelling at me to get ready. So, I did what any girl would do; I secured the sides of my skirt with safety pins and pulled the zipper up as much as I could. I untucked my shirt to hide the sides of my skirt.