Chapter 11 Nico and I become close friends

Clarisse POV
I could see when Nico first came here to Camp Half-Blood he was not easily accepted due to his parentage. Which got me thinking about my beginning here, neither was I.

I studied Nico almost everyday. I saw  that around lunch he would disappear into the woods away from Camp.

I mean the boy had to be hungry. He trained just as hard as anyone else did. Doing that everyday you would work up an appetite.

One day I decided to follow him. He went deep in the woods. He stopped at this small meadow going to the middle of it so he could sit.

I watched him as he sat staring at nothing in particular. That's when I decided to make my appearance.

I walked towards him and he turned around quickly looking at me. "Hey kid" I said trying to not scare him.  "What do you want? Gonna make fun of the freak?" Nico said bitterly hiding his face in his knees.

"No. Now why I do that?" I asked sitting across from him.  "I would punch you. But never make fun of you, that would take too much work."

He smiled at my comment. "Never thought I see that." I said  "What?" He asked  "A smile." I told him

His smile got bigger and I couldn't help but joined him.

"Why are you here? I mean, why are we talking?" Nico asked. "Well for the past two weeks you haven't been eating at lunch  so I got worried."

Nico nodded. "I'm sorry no one beside Bianca has showed me any kindness or a care."  "About time we changed that."  I answered grabbing his hand.

"I just I don't know  why they hate me so much." He said looking down at his feet.

"Nico they don't hate you for what you've done, they hate you for your parentage. Trust me a lot people here hate me for the same reason. I'm the daughter of Ares. So most Gods hate him and that manifests itself to their children which make them hate me."

"That sucks. I mean they don't even know you."

I chuckled running my hand through my hair.

"So how does it feel to be the Son of Hades?" I asked trying to lighten the mood.

"It's different. I mean I have the power to talk to dead people. How did it feel when you found out your the daughter of Ares."

I scrunched up my face. "Well at first I thought it was awesome, until I realized I have to live in a cabin full of boys." Nico laughed at my comment. "Ouch" he added.

We continued to talk and talk until dark came and we knew that Chiron would come looking for us.  I walked Nico back to his cabin walking passed my brothers on our way.

When we parted ways I was glad to realize I made a new friend.