Chapter 8 I Find Out About Mom

Clarisse POV
I was 13 when my Mom died.

The rain just wouldn't quit. It was mid spring and usually on Fridays we would play Capture the Flag to no end. But due to the rain everyone was forced to stay inside. I was kind of bummed since we had to skip out on it but hey life happens.

I was in my Cabin on my bed listening to music when I saw walking to our cabin. I got up and opened the door seeing him in Centaur form rain barreling down on him.

"Chiron what can I help you with?" I practically screamed. "You are needed at the Big House child their is someone to see you." I nodded and we both ran to the Big House. When we got there we took a hallway the led to the strawberry farm office for the mortals to see.

Getting there Chiron was in his wheelchair form and I saw two men in military uniforms.

"Are you kin to Lila La Rue?" The first man asked. "Yes, I'm her daughter." The second cringed at my comment. "This is for you" the second man said handing me a envelope.

I opened it reading remember one line particular.

"We are sorry to inform that Lila La Rue was Killed in Action on Monday June 8th at 3:25 p.m."

I read over that line again realizing it was true that she was truly gone.

I looked gentlemen nodding my head. "Thank you for letting me know." They both nodded and left without a word.

"Clarisse" Chiron started "Don't, just don't" I said firmly looking at the ground. "Just leave me alone" I told him tears falling gently down my face.

He left me in peace as I fell to the ground covering my face with my knees. I started to bawl letting out years of suppress pain.