mister popular meets miss nobody (chapter 6)

Start from the beginning

"Here, wear this." Nathaniel gave his tuxedo to me. "You know, you don't have to worry about Sandra. She's not my girlfriend or anything. I'm his boyfriend in his dreaming mind but I'm not into her at all."

I don't understand why he is explaining his self to me at all. I don't know what to say so I just ask him if his back still hurts.

"Uhmm.. Not as much as it felt before. Thank you for the massage by the way."

"No problem. So, can we go back now? I'm positive that Alice is searching for us now."

"Sure. Sorry for the trouble anyway." He said to me apologetically.

"Uhmm. Sure. Let's go." I was about to give back the tuxedo at him but he stopped me.

"Wear it. You might catch a cold in here. Can you walk? Do you want me to carry you back at the house?" He asked me eying me curiously.

"No, no, no. I can walk. Besides, I don't know if you can carry me at all. Your back hurts remember?"

"Oh. Right. Well, at least let me start escorting you back at the house. You might fall again. I don't want you to ruin your gorgeous dress."

"Uhmm. Sure. Thank you."

We walk back at the house in silence. No one seems to notice that we've been out, even Alice. She's busy talking to every person walk inside the room. Nathaniel and I walk back straight to Alice's room for me to fix my self. He waited patiently outside the room while I'm checking on my self on a life size mirror at the south wall of Alice's room. I quickly combed my hair and went out. Nathaniel is still there waiting for me.

"You still look amazing even if you played outside the house." He teased me with a huge smile at his face. I blushed at what he said and smile.

"So, are you ready?" I asked him nervously.

"Are you ready?" he asked me raising an eye brow.

"Uhmm. Yeah, I think so."

"Don't be nervous. I'm here. I won't let you fall again." Then he let a grin cross his face.

He offered me his arm so I gladly take it. We walk down the house. I can feel my nervousness eating me whole but I just shook my head and think that this is my night. I'm supposed to enjoy this like Alice has said. I silently wished that my father is here by my side. I know he's watching me and I can't let him be disappointed on what I am doing right now. I want him to know that I'll move on like he said before he died. I'm supposed to enjoy my life so that's what I'm planning to do tonight. I don't want to regret anything when this night comes to an end.

When Nathan and I entered the garden, I was shocked to see almost the whole school dancing and enjoying them selves in front of me. I mean, I don't have this many friends in my entire life. I practically don't know the names of almost half of the kids out here. I can feel that someone is staring at me. I tried to find who that person was but then Sandra came into view. I can see Amber and Diane at her flanks. I suddenly tensed up. I looked at Nathan but he seemed not to notice her. I heard her ask one kid if he saw Nathan. I was about to tell Nathan that Sandra is here but he held my hand and pulled me at the back side of the house. Damn. Not again.

"What now Nathan? You really are enjoying your self pulling me into some places without even telling me before you do it." I half yelled at him.

"Two things. First of all, sorry for me pulling you without even telling you. Second, I saw Sandra out there and she seems so upset because I heard yesterday that Alice didn't invite her to this party. She might ruin your evening so I'll just go there and drag her out here if it's necessary." Then he left me here. I don't know what to say. I just watch him talk to Sandra and pulled her away. That man is so unpredictable. We where not even friends for him to act that way.