mister popular meets miss nobody (chapter 5)

CHAPTER FIVE

When I walk inside the house, I saw Alice sitting on the kitchen table with her hand on her face. I bet she's worried sick.

"Alice." When she heard me call her name she automatically got up to her seat and run towards me.

"Oh my gosh! Sam where have you been? I was searching for you for hours! There where lots of bad stuff coming trough my head! I thought you jump off the river or something! Don't you ever do that to me again Samantha! You're giving me heart attack!" She breathed deep breaths when she finished talking. When Alice is in an adrenaline rush, she speaks without breathing.

"You're over reacting Alice. Don't worry OK? I'm fine. I just needed to breathe fresh air."

"Breathe fresh air? What are you? A new born baby who needs to breathe fresh air for hours?! My gosh Samantha! You can breathe fresh air at any part of this house! You can breathe fresh air by my side!"

"OK I'm sorry. I was thinking a lot of things and I didn't notice the time is running out. I didn't mean to scare you or something. I'm sorry."

"OK." Deep breaths. "The party is about to start and people are starting to arrive. You have to change on your birthday suite now."

"What?! Birthday suite?! You're not thinking about me wearing nothing on this party you secretly mange for me, don't you?!" I almost yelled at her face. Why on earth did Alice want me to wear nothing?! I mean birthday suite is wearing nothing. Right?

Alice burst into laughing. "What are you talking about? I didn't mean birthday suite - suite. I mean that really cute dress that I found at the mall last week. When I saw that cute little dress, I pictured you wearing it and it was so awesome! So come on let's go!"

We're at the kitchen door now when I heard Mark cough. I turned to face him and smile at him. He smiled back. Alice heard Mark too then he run to him and gave him a quick hug.

"Thank you for finding Sam for me Mark. You really are the best. I'm going to kill Sean when I he arrives. It is practically his job to find her not you."

"Hey. It's nothing. It's Sam who is missing. You can count on me anytime."

"Excuse me. I didn't hire anyone to find me when I'm lost Alice. You are really over reacting. I was just outside. It's really not my fault that you didn't search for me in there."

Alice rolled her eyes at me then pulled me to her room. "Whatever Sam. Let's go so you can change clothes now. Bye Mark." She waved Mark goodbye and half run to her room holding me. That made me have to run too. I hate being pulled by Alice. She's always running when she's excited.

(Nathaniel's POV)

According to my invitation, Alice is throwing a party at her house tonight. No one ever told me that this is going to be Sam's birthday party. I showed up wearing a pair of sleepers, shorts and a plain white shirt. I just heard one kid passed trough me that this is not just an ordinary party. I'm really under dressed. Every person here is wearing semi casual dresses. They are giving me weird look. This is crazy. I shouldn't have gone here.

I am standing in front of the door and I'm about to go back to my car when Alice saw me. She waved at me and made her way to where I was standing. Oh great. I'm in a big trouble.

"I'm glad you made it here tonight Nathaniel." Alice said while looking at me head to toe. She smiled a weird smile at me after that.

"I'm really am sorry Alice. No one ever told me that this is not just a party. I thought this is just any other party in some kid's house. Besides, you didn't put on that invitation that it is going to be Samantha's birthday."