Trial date
Kayla

I got out the jail van and was escorted into the court room. I looked around and seen my sister Kali', my brother August, my friend Karie, my grandmother, Dak's dad and brothers Tad, Jace, and Elliot and his sister Natalie and her husband. I looked in the front row and seen Dak.

"Okay Ms. Thames place your right hand on the book and repeat after me." The balelift said.

"I Kayla Aaliyah Thames"

"Swear to tell the truth and nothing but the truth."

"So help me god."

"So help me god."

"Okay Ms. Thames today we are setting a date for trial. Unless you would take the plea bargin." The judge said.

"What are you giving my client." My lawyer asked.

"Plead guilty and we are offering 10 years max with no early release or possibility of parole." The other lawyer said.

"Ms. Thames if  you take this to trial you will remain in jail until then." The judge said.

"Your honor I go to jail either way. I will decline the plea bargain." I said.

"Alright then, trial date is set for January 5th 2014." He said.

"We love you Kayla." I heard my friends and family say.

I kept my head down to keep myself from breaking down. I sat in the jail van looking out the window. I can't believe I got caught up in this. I knew that chick wasn't right. Now I'm facing 25 to life for something I didn't do. Life will fuck you up if you let it happen to you. I wish I could rewind that night.

Flashback

"Man Kay come with us. Leave ya baby with her daddy get out the house." This girl I was cool with said.

"Alright." I said.

The night was going good until Kae decided she wanted to go after some dude that owed her money. She drug me with her and she checked him. He didn't have nothing. She pulled out a gun and shot him. As I heard the sirens she handed the gun to me and took off. I dropped it in the ally way and went home. The guilt ate at me. Then I saw the news.

"Kayla Thames wanted for murder."

That's when I knew what I had to do. Turn myself in.

End of flash back.