"Tom!" a voice calls just as the previous Dark Lord prepares to turn on his heel and apparate away, instead turning on his heel to see Kingsley approaching.  Again, encroaching on Imperio-ing him as well, Hermione grasps Tom's hand, a sign that this action would hurt him greatly given the pending trial for his crimes.  Is the Imperius curse really a crime when it comes to managing incompetent bureaucrats?

But Tom takes a breath to relieve some of his anger, eyes shutting shortly and jaw tensing, before opening them and returning his gaze to Kingsley, "Yes, Minister?"

"Not until tomorrow," the man rebukes the title, though obviously proud of it given the slight twist of his lip.  "Your trial will be held Monday in open court."

Tom wants to be surprised at the sudden date--less than 48 hours away--especially given the slow bureaucracy behind the court.  And yet he knows the Ministry wishes to tie up the loose ends of the War as soon as possible, and that means trying the Dark Lord himself.

But Hermione thinks different, exclaiming, "That's too soon to gather evidence!"

"There's no evidence to be found, Hermione," Tom denies, knowing that the only evidence to be found would be against him--the horcruxes, but they've all been destroyed

"There's no evidence to be found, Hermione," Tom denies, knowing that the only evidence to be found would be against him--the horcruxes, but they've all been destroyed.  Turning to Kingsley, Tom stiffly responds, "I will be there."

"As will the rest of us," Harry adds in, almost a threat, not to Kingsley, but to whoever is listening.  Nodding his head, the soon-to-be-Minister removes himself from their conversation, leaving them be as departure no longer occupies their minds.

"We'll need to send letters to potential character witnesses," Hermione plans, her eyes taking on that thinking look that fits her better than any expression.  It might not be the most attractive look--the angry one definitely is--but it's all Hermione, and Tom loves it for that reason.

And yet Harry draws Tom's attention with those green eyes drilling into his profile, the previous Dark Lord turning to the Boy Who Lived whose face reflects an unnecessary apology, "I am sorry about this, Tom."

"It is in no way your fault," Tom exerts with a stiff tone, yet a humoured grin, as he recounts on the facts, not his own opinions.  "I need to answer for the crimes.  Better now than later."

Harry nods at that, sensing the honesty and agreeing heartily, "Shall we go then?"

"Yes, we need to get started," Hermione responds promptly, determined to win Tom his freedom if it is the last noble act she does.  And it might just be if Tom is sent to Azkaban, more than willing to break into the 'impenetrable' prison if only to escape with him.  They've broken into the 'impenetrable' many times, after all.

But with the abode in mind, all four heroes turn on their heels and Apparate to the Burrow, now reconstructed after mass attacks on multiple occasions.  And though it is partially new in its reconstruction, Hermione is still hit by the homeliness of it all, the great fields of grass swaying in the summer wind and the house standing firm and tall.  Meanwhile, Tom half expects the place to fall over from the sheer and wanky construction, part of it placed on stilts while it's still attached to the other roof.  He tilts his head a bit at the sight, almost like an interested puppy, before shaking it off with the reminder of magic.  It defies the laws of muggle physics.