District 2: Male

Name: Aceris Pike

District: 2 ㅡ Masonry

Age: 18

Appearance: Aceris is a human skyscraper walking around on a pair of very lengthy legs. He stands at a staggering 6'4, easily clearing all the other men and women in his gene pool, and just about everyone else. His overall demeanor is gruff, with his towering build, his calloused hands, and his chiseled physique. But his eyes are soft, bordered by long lashes. They're  honey brown, with flecks of gold when the light hits them just right (perhaps more people would know this if we wasnt so goddamn tall). His skin is one even tone of olive, and only a partially marred by scars; the marks that speak for his life-long occupation of a classic district 2 career and years of tireless training. His locks of ebony are always trimmed down nice and short as to keep it out of his face, the longer bits in the front always push up and back, away from his forehead. Below his lips (that never seem to part for any kind of smile) sits a dimpled chin and a diminutive amount of scruff. Aceris shaves every morning, practically religiously.

Personality: The lone wolf. The masked man. Mystery guy. Aceris had been dubbed a whole truckload of nicknames over the years that alluded to his enigmatic nature. He was the egg that no one could crack. He wore silence like armor. He'd always been a quiet kid, growing up, from the very beginning. You'd never catch his hand raised in class, or his lanky body mixed among with other teens at the town square on the weekends. He always kept to himself, and his training. Unless he was sleeping, or eating, he was honing his craft, with prowess and discipline.

Background: Since as far back as Aceris' memory permits remembrance, he'd been taught by his father to suppress his emotions. Or maybe not taught. Perhaps Aceris' had just realized over time that it was not safe to have emotions in front of his dad. That happiness and sadness and anger (and everything other than obedience and a stoic presentation) were all forbidden fruits from the same tree. Emotions were a sign of weakness, and weakness was the most appalling attribute a human could show. Aceris was not allowed to be weak. Ever. It hadn't always been so brutal, at least when his mother had been around to shield him from his father's methods of instilling discipline. But she passed away some time ago, and Aceris had to learn how to watch his own back.

Reaped/ Volunteered: Volunteered.

Reason/Reaction: Aceris seems to have only two options; stay in district 2 and endure endless hell with the bitter, unfeeling man who raised him. Or win the games, which would be a whole other kind of hell, with all the talking, all the tours, the interviews. The never ending stream of prying eyes and attention. All of which Aceris did not handle gracefully. But, it would be a better hell than this. The lesser of two evils. He'll play the game.

Weapon of Choice: His prowess with melee weapons is almost unmatched by any other students in his class, and he's mastered the art of combat with a soaring myriad of items. But he favors a good, trusty javelin. It's just to his tastes. Simple, and straight to the point.

Token: A silver locket that has been his mother's before she passed.

Portrayed by: Drew Roy

Other:
His father is the head peacekeeper of District 2
• He despises physical contact