Chapter 27

(Ana's POV)

September 1, 2016  

"Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else." - Margaret Mead

____________________________

"THESE ARE OUR CANDIDATES?" Ethan yelled at the top of his lungs. 

Rolling my eyes, I continued to search for a suitable outfit for today. Ethan hasn't really been paying attention for the past months about who is running for president. Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump. This is the year I can vote, but before I choose who I want, I still have some research to do about them. 

"Ana? Have you picked an outfit yet?" Mum yelled.

"No!" I answered, looking through my dresses.

See, today is the movie premiere of Scarlett. It is also the day that I have to sit next to Josh for five hours! A long and sparkly royal blue dress caught my attention. Perfect. I quickly pulled it on and pulled the zipper up as much as I could.

I checked the clock. I still had an hour, I had to be at the theater for 11:00, it is currently 9:30. I flung myself into the bathroom and grabbed the curling wand. Once it was heated up to 400 degrees, I started curling like there was no tomorrow.

"Ouch, you stupid little-"  I yelled as the curling wand hit my hand.

"Ana, are you yelling at your curling wand?" Mum asked hesitantly.

I felt my face flush bright red. I heard her giggle and leave. When my hair looked like perfection, I gave myself a smokey eye look with blue eyeshadow. I painted my lips a nice red color and put on a necklace and earring set. I ran out of my bathroom and pulled on my beautiful blue pumps. Then, after grabbing my clutch, I made my way downstairs to my excited family.

Mum squealed. "Oh my, baby, you look ready for the red carpet!"

I rolled my eyes. "Of course I do mum, I mean there IS going to be a red carpet!"

She just scowled and pulled me outside. Cameras started flashing and I was handed big gladiator glasses. We all climbed into the limo and drove downtown to the premiere theater. Stella was waiting off to the side as well as Emma and Gigi and Lucas. They all looked beautiful. Emma hugged me when we all climbed out and shyly waved at Thomas. He winked at her and a dazed look filled her face.

The other girls, and guy, pulled me into a tight hug. Then we started posing for the paparazzi. That's when he pulled up in another limo. I wanted to gag but refrained from doing so. Lucas, Josh and I ended up posing for the cameras. It was really awkward, but not as awkward as when we went inside the theater and I had to kiss both of them for the cameraman.

We socialized for an hour before we all took our fancy seats. The movie began. I had to clench my fist when Josh leaned closer to me. Damn, I feel like a meme of Arnold and his fist. The movie took two hours, and I only smiled once. That was the funniest filming day when I had to "choose" between death and life, literally.

"Alright Ana, you obviously choose Death, but make yourself cry really hard." The director yelled.

No problem, let's just think about how Josh cheated on me with that stupid skank, that rude little- "Perfect! Those tears look so real! Alright everyone, into position!"

I stood in the corridor and waited for the cue. "Action!"

I "ran" down the hallway, tears streaming down my face, and right into Jaspar's arms. He stroked my hair. Footsteps pounded down the hallway.