Lost relatives, forbidden love, enemies to be, bestfriends and family all in one house. DON'T TRY IT

heya guys, girls, alions, monsters. this is Meg and Bella speaking. this is the first uplode of 'Stone Cold Reality - A Girls Story' i hope you all love it.

vote

comment

fan

enjoy

----------------

"Ready?" I hear my Dad shout up the stairs. I don't answer just stare at my reflection in the mirror. My glassy eyes stare back and sink into my coffee brown face. I prepare myself - blocking all emotion from my face - to try once again, to persuade my dad that we do not have to move. My dark brown curly hair hangs in its tight natural ringlets at my shoulders.

The door opens and I turn slowly to face my Dad. My face, still betraying no emotion, locks onto his eyes. "Don't do this Saffron." I don't reply, just stare. "Saffron, you love Vicky." It is true, Vicky is my best friend.

"I know." My voice is toneless. He sighs.

"Then why are you being like this Saffron? What is the problem?" The problem? Well...

"The problem is Dad, moving in with your best friend can only cause trouble. I don't see why we have to move anyway." Emotion is starting to seep into my voice. I disguise my deep breath by turning around, only to realize that my mirror is behind me.

I need to calm down and hide my feelings better. Today is the first day in like forever that I've let my emotions slip. But being sad on the inside, without letting the storm slip through to the outside, is hard. It takes years of practice. And that is exactly what I have had, years upon years of practice. And I still can't get the darn technique right. I'm slipping, and I can't let him see me slip. No one has ever seen me slip, because the situation has never been this bad.

Don't get me wrong, my family moving in with my best friend's family is the best idea ever. It's just the fact that this is permanent; it's not a weekend sleepover. If Vicky and I decide we hate each other then we are screwed. The last problem is that it is not just Vicky's family that lives in her house, some close, close friends of her mum live there to.

I've never been to Vicky's house. She always chose to come over to mine. I guess that is the reason. But now I'm not just going to her house, I'm living there. Me, my brother, my Dad; all moving into one house that already has two families in it.

"Saffron we have been over this and over this. We can't afford to live on a full rent anymore." And moving into a house off ten helps how. Other than the obvious of course.

"Dad, I'm not a social person. I find it hard enough to fit in with my friends." Part lie, part truth.

"You fit in fine with your friends." That was the truth; I fit in fine with my friends. I just don't cope well with strangers. And a house full of strangers, probably teenage strangers, is not going to help. If someone shouts at me, I shout back. Let's just leave it at that.

"Dad, if we move there, and I get angry, I will not be held responsible for my actions."

"Don't be like that Saffron." I sigh, take another deep breath and turn with my face blank. How I love my Dad. He has a light shaggy mane of brown hair, liquid, golden eyes and a smile that puts the sun to shame.

My Dad is originally from England, but his once English accent disappeared long ago with his once pail white skin. My Mum was from Ghana. She moved over to America when she was twenty three. She met my Dad a couple of years later in 1992. They got married in 1993 and moved to a small house in Florida. A year later they produced me; Saffron Gates, on June 12th 1994.