Chapter 14

You jolted awake at the sound of the Monokuma announcement, drenched in cold sweat. You were breathing heavily, frantically looking around the room, relieved when you noticed that you were in your cottage. You sat under your covers, forehead rested in your fingers as you caught your breath.

You walked into your bathroom and stared at yourself in the mirror. Your skin was pale and sticky, glistening with sweat. The front of your hair stuck to your face and dark circles tinted the skin underneath your eyes.

You squinted your eyes as you tried to remember what you had dreamed about, but to no avail.

You splashed your face with cold water, snapping you out of your dazed state. Your thoughts were muddled, and you stared at yourself, confused. Why couldn't you remember anything?

Sighing, you walked out, sitting in the middle of your room, legs crossed. You couldn't stop thinking about how troubled you were with your memory loss, but you couldn't face everyone else, being as distracted as you were. You cleared your mind as you breathed in through your nose, and out through your mouth, concentrating only on that. For a few minutes, you were at peace, thinking of nothing. That was, until Monokuma made a sudden appearance in front of you. You opened your eyes, startled at the unexpected presence.

"Well, it looks like a certain someone didn't sleep well last night!" He shrilled, hinting to your eyes. "I watched you, it must have been a hella bad dream! Fidgeting nonstop, you were! Good thing I have a little something to help with that poor appearance." Before you could even process what he was talking about, he pulled something out from behind him.

In his paw laid a medium container. It had no label, no ingredients, which made you suspicious. You narrowed your eyes, looking at him for an explanation.

"Just apply the cream under your eyes, wait thirty seconds, wipe it off and bam! Dark circles gone. Trust me, if the other students saw you like this, they would die of terror before they could kill anyone else, so do me a favour and use it! Upupupu!" He vanished as quickly as he appeared, leaving you to sigh in defeat. You stood up and glanced at yourself in the mirror once again. You flinched at your appearance, which you didn't have the time to do when you woke up.

'He's right, I look like a walking corpse.' You thought harshly to yourself. You sighed in defeat and opened the lid, still apprehensive about using something so unknown.

"He wouldn't find it fun if it just killed me off... that's the whole point of this situation." You mumbled, convincing yourself it was safe.

You spread the cream underneath your eyes, waited thirty seconds, and wiped it off exactly as Monokuma had told you to. Your eyebrows raised at the results. The once purple skin had disappeared and revealed a flawless face. It seemed like nothing had ever happened in the first place.

You groggily changed into your daily clothing and gave a small yawn. Moments later, the doorbell rang, making you quirk your brow. You made your way to the door and opened it swiftly.

There stood the ever so energetic Ibuki.

"Hiya [F/N]!" She chirped. Your questioning face relaxed at the girl's lively aura.

"Hey, Ibuki. Is something wrong?" You asked coolly.

"Nope! Nothing! Let's walk to the restaurant together!" She flapped her arms slightly as she jumped. You nodded, smiling lightly, and stepped out, closing the door gently behind you as Ibuki grinned and skipped along the planks of wood.

Somewhere nearby the hotel, you heard Nekomaru's bellowing yell.

"OOHHHHHHHHHHHHH?!" He sounded panicked, so you sprinted towards the source. When you got to him, though, it looked as though Hajime was just as terrified. 'What the hell happened...?'