Chapter 3

Byakuya was the first to speak up.

"This may be the only chance we can speak amongst ourselves. So, what are your initial impressions of the island?" He adjusted his glasses as he spoke.

Peko stated, "I noticed numerous blocked off bridges on the central island."

Ibuki declared that it was so that we don't get lost and that Usami told her that personally. Peko enquired whether the island was really so big that we could get lost. Kazuichi put his hands behind his head and said that it's just a normal island. Hiyoko also input that there's a large ranch and Mikan followed up by saying there was a large supermarket stocked with food and necessities to living amenities. Sonia and Mahiru mentioned that the hotel was very nice, which no one could deny.

Teruteru then ruined the moment and filled it with disgust and repulse by saying that the most important thing on the island was that it was full of cute girls. You were contemplating whether or not to kick him into oblivion right there and then, until Byakuya pointed out that no one figured out the 'most serious truth.'

"If no one realised it, then you're all bigger fools than I previously thought." He scoffed. This got a rise out of the Ultimate Yakuza, who started yelling at him. You begun to think about what Byakuya said whilst the two started arguing.

Eventually, Byakuya begun to talk about the statue in the park and an island in the middle of the Pacific Ocean which consists of a small central island surrounded by five larger islands. This was enough to make you realise what he was talking about.

"You're talking about the name of this island, right? Jabberwock Island? I remember reading about it online." You planted a serious expression on your face as you spoke. Byakuya smirked and adjusted his glasses.

"You are correct, however, there is something which still concerns me." There was a momentary pause until he spoke again. "Nevermind." You were curious as to what he was going to say, but you brushed it off.

After everyone had relaxed slightly, they begun to chatter excitedly about how they're living on an island such as this. Hajime, however, was the only one to disagree with their behaviour. The others proved the point of how there isn't a way of getting off of the island anyway, so they'd might as well make the most of their trip. Hajime suggested cutting down a tree and making a raft, however, the idea was shot back down by Usami, who had just arrived. She told us to recall the trip's guidelines.

Byakuya pointed out that some of the rules Usami is so obsessed about could place them in danger. The rabbit was genuinely shocked at his statement. Hajime begun to raise his voice towards the teacher and was told to calm down. Chiaki declared that everyone should collect the Hope Fragments in order to leave the island quicker, if everyone was so worried. Everyone, including Byakuya, agreed to it, seeing as there was no other alternative.

"So, Usami! What's this present you mentioned earlier?!" Ibuki asked ecstatically. Everyone looked at Usami in anticipation, waiting for what she got them.

"Oh yes, that's right! I didn't forget! Here they are!" She handed out a phone strap, which looked exactly like her, to everyone. The others stared at her blankly.

"Uhh.. What's this?" Nagito asked sheepishly.

"It's an Usami Strap! Teehee!" Usami giggled childishly. "If you squeeze it's tummy, it talks!" Someone pressed it's stomach and it begun to talk, but other than that, the island was in complete silence, with the occasional call of a seagull flying overhead.

"What a waste of time." Byakuya said.

"Aw man, I got my hopes up." Ibuki scratched the back of her head, looking down.