Chapter XXXV: Devastation Dwell In Tales

The golden globe of Apollo seemed to be late that morning, dew seemed to form more than normal without the evaporation of the morning sun. The camp was cold, fog embraced it with a curtain of blurriness from afar and the birds seemed to be comfortable with the straws of their nests.

But it seemed the moon not irresponsible, or perhaps it had passed the time for its wax, nonetheless, Artemis awoken to the cold morning air.

She swept the sleep off her eyes, holding her head because of the turmoil therein as her hand reached for the cup off water on the nightstand, something she expected seemed to be missing.

The feeling of not having Percy next to her seemed somewhat normal now, ever since he ran away. But to her, whenever he returned, that hope and the feeling of lost still lingered within her in the morning, where she couldn't feel his presence next to her.

Her silver eyes that mesmerised every mortal and god darted to the idiot that somehow she had an interest and feeling on, and he never stopped to fascinate her sleeping on his stomach on the couch just few feet away from her bed.

Did he afraid of her that he couldn't sleep on the same bed anymore?

The thought was terrifying. Although she always had that stern countenance around him, she always tried to make up the fault she made that day. She'd always wanted to fix it. All she wanted was to make everything look like before, where he was comfortable around her and she was comfortable him. But now it seemed there was an invisible wall between to Artemis. It was so high that even the walls of Donald Trump couldn't have been higher (😂😭😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 N/A I'm just kidding with this part, but it's just too funny 😂)

His eyes slowly opened, blinking few times and the moon touched the waves. They just stared at each other, the fire burning within them and the waves churning in their chest whenever his green and her silver contacted. It was him the first to speak.

"Sobbed up?" A smirk came to his face. "You were completely wasted yesterday"

"Who said I was drunk?" She snapped, "I was just...tired."

That stubbornness of an excuse never enough for her. She had no idea what had happened last night, even the slightest event was now blank. All she knew was that they had a party, and she assumed she was pretty much a mess afterwards. This is Apollo's fault.

"Yeah keep believe in it" Percy said as he moved to the closet. All his clothes she was still packed in, it was in case if she need a catalyst to cause her brain fall asleep on the first few weeks of his runaway. He somehow now had that impact of her routine, she had never felt this dependent before.

"I'm surprised you still keep my clothes" he said with his back to her, digging to find something.

"What you hope me to throw  them in the wolf cages?"

She could feel him smirking as she snapped her finger and the bed was fixed. It was not that she relied on her power and lazy, normally that was the discipline in camp. But she was too tired that morning to even care about those principles.

That was until she felt something weird about her jacket. Did she just grow over the night?

"Why does my jacket is so tight?" She frowned, examined it as it wrapped around her body.

She felt Percy stiffened, an aura of nervousness radiated from him.

"Probably you spilled the drink on your jacket" he suggested. "And they are still drying"