Chapter 32: December

After the two months passed by very quickly, December was finally here. Anne and I were done with our finals this Tuesday morning and another year at Berkeley was completed. The only thing to look forward to now is the upcoming holiday break. I was going back to Boston and Anne will be coming along for the very first time. Back in November, we received letters from Jordan and Jon two weeks before Thanksgiving. Jordan had given us a pair of front row seats and all access passes for the New Kids concert in Providence, Rhode Island on December 7th. And Jonathan sent us two plane tickets to fly to Boston on Wednesday to be home for the holidays. In Jonathan's letter to Anne, the plane tickets were from all of the guys, they wanted us to be there at their concert and be home for the holidays in time. In Anne's words, "they are the sweetest five guys on the planet!" and I couldn't disagree with her statement. The guys were never selfish, especially when they became massive superstars. They always cared about the people they loved and never got carried away with their fame.

The Providence concert going on this Friday was the most talked about subject the both of us heard all over campus, the main reason was because it was the New Kids on the Block, but also it was going to be broadcast live on Pay-Per-View all over the world. Since, Jordan gave us tickets, we really couldn't miss out. Usually, Anne spends her Christmas break with her family in Los Angeles, so we decided to make a deal with our parents. If I spent Thanksgiving with her family, then Anne could spend the holidays with me and my parents in Boston. Our parents agreed, mostly because my mom and dad knew about Jordan sending us the tickets from Marlene. Although, Anne's parents didn't really know about her having a certain boyfriend named Jonathan until that Thanksgiving weekend. Anne had been practicing in her room about telling her family and I was there for support, when she finally told them at the dinner table. At first they didn't believe her, so I had to tell them I was dating Jordan, his brother, and brought a few pictures for proof. It was a day Alice will never forget, she was freaking out about it. I've never seen her so excited than the time she purchased the group's No More Games Remix album. Anne's parents were really surprised at first before feeling happy for her and now know the reason why she wanted to come with me to Boston after telling them about the tickets to the New Kids PPV concert.

After spending most of the weekend isolated in the apartment from studying, gaining pounds from eating, and losing those pounds from stress during two days of my finals. I was finally free to start packing my belongings into suitcases before tonight. Anne and I were going to drive down to Los Angeles, where we planned to spend the night at her parents house and tomorrow morning, David, Anne's dad will be dropping us off at LAX to board the plane to Boston. Once I threw everything I was going to need in my suitcase and duffle bag, I hauled the luggage off my bed and by my bedroom door as I waited for Anne before loading our things in her car.

I became filled with a vast amount of anticipation, letting the butterflies flutter freely in my stomach as all I could think about was being home on the East Coast. Don't get me wrong, California is lovely and blessed with perfect weather, but it's not really Christmas without the snow falling and being around my family, especially spending time with Jordan. Hopefully, we would get some well deserved time alone without any interruptions. It was only wishful thinking.  The fans of the New Kids always find ways to meet their idols to the point of making the C.I.A look like amateurs. As I thought about J, the image of Donnie suddenly emerged from my thoughts.  When I received Jordan's letter last month, there was another one from "Cheese".

'Dear Stephanie,

I'm sure by the time you read this letter, you already got the tickets and passes to our second show in Providence, Rhode Island on December 7th from Jordan's letter. I'm positive Anne got Jon's letter too with two plane tickets, all of us chipped in for our favorite girls, to fly back to Boston in time for the holidays. It's no secret that I'm really looking forward to seeing you at the show and even more hyped about the fact it's going to be on Pay-Per-View too! And this time, the whole world is going to be watching us. But no matter how happy I am about that, I honestly don't care much for the show because nothing in the world could compare to the thought of seeing you again, baby girl. Maybe, you know that I do and it's true because I really miss you.