Chapter 29: Hooked On You

The City of Angels soon became dark and the nightlife came to life as most of the city's energy erupted inside Dodger Stadium tonight. Thousands of fans had waited anxiously for the New Kids final show here in L.A. and once they finally appeared on stage and the concert started, the atmosphere was out of this world. And just like their shows in the past, this one will stay embedded in my mind forever.

Throughout the concert, Anne playfully mentioned to me about Jordan looking at me with "his gorgeous drop dead eyes" and reveal his handsome smirk, exposing those irresistible dimples many times when I wasn't paying attention to him all the time. When I did found myself staring at the handsome man that he was, my heart would pace like a galloping horse and when his eyes met mine, my knees instantly had no control and weakened from his physical contact to the point I had to lean on my best friend for support as she only laughed with excitement. Jordan had this special ability and easily made me fall in love with him all over again.

As I watched the New Kids perform "The Right Stuff", there were moments when this secret relationship between Jordan and I became a little tough. Aside from being apart because of his rising fame and myself a normal college student, when we were able see each other at concerts, he would make contact with other girls in the crowds singing to them or showing off his sexy dance moves to make them scream. I witnessed him doing these things right now on the other side of the stage and it made me feel jealous. Sure, I knew he wasn't doing it to hurt me, it's just when he's on stage, he has total control of what he wants to do and our relationship almost feels nonexistent when it happens. It was one of the things I hated about being together, but I should have known the consequences going in beforehand and couldn't blame him for acting this way. If their fans knew Jordan had a girlfriend they couldn't handle it. My jealousy eventually passed and I started to cheer up again as I studied Jordan dancing on stage, something was different about him and noticed the long braided strand of hair he had behind his head was completely gone! For over five years, Jordan had been growing his rat tail that it almost reached to his ass. He would even get upset when his mom and I told him to get rid of it after it became so long. I guess now Jordan finally became tired of it and cut it off which I'm honestly happy about because he looks so much better without it. Now, I only wondered what he did with it.

"What is it, Steph? Is Jordan putting you under his charming spell again?" Anne joked with me, seeing the wide grin spreading along my pink lips. My eyes lingered away from him as I looked at my best friend and spoke out loudly over the screaming girls and booming music.

"He cut it off! That rat tail he had since 1986 is gone! He said he would never get rid of it, the liar!" I told her while moving my body to the beat, facing my attention to the guys dancing in rhythm to their music.

"Honestly, he looks a lot better without it!" Anne let out with a smile and I definitely agreed with her.

"He does!" We laughed to ourselves enjoying our time at the concert while my eyes found their way to the warm gaze of Donnie's handsome face. The moment we each other's eyes, the burning sensation build up in my stomach, twisting into endless knots yet again.

As he sang his part of the lead, Donnie walked along the opened stage while the guys would dance in synch, he quirked up a soft grin towards Anne and me, the one that made girls squeal in delight. And how couldn't they resist, Donnie was attractive there's no denying it and wearing an open Dodgers baseball jersey revealing his toned body, blue washed overalls with both straps unfastened dangling close to the floor, and his white Adidas proved my point which no Blockhead could disagree. My mouth curled into a wide grin as he extended out his hand reaching for mine for a few seconds, he then bended over and kissed the back of my palm. Donnie's mouth widened brightly in response as he released my hand and then reached for Anne's for several seconds before moving back to his position in front of the microphone.