Chapter 13: Different Feelings

My soft brown eyes were completely drawn at the five young men on the main stage and focused on their rehearsal performing their dance routines while singing the set list of songs meant for the thousands of their screaming fans here at the Olympic Center in Lake Placid, New York. I stood several feet from the guys in the front row while sitting on one of the vacant black equipment trunks with my legs crossed at the ankles and my arms resting at my sides.

The New Kids road crew kept themselves proactive perfecting every little thing that goes on within the stage before the concert begins in just a few hours and I was filled with anticipation for the moment to arrive. Most of the crew has introduced themselves to me before and they were pretty nice people and I happily offered to help them out with the lighter work of course.

As my coffee colored irises became lost in a trance being mesmerized from the all five handsome men moving to the beat of their music with a little help from the live band playing in the background before all of us returned to the hotel for a little rest before tonight's show. Jordan's lovely face connected with mine as he exposed a cute yet sexy smirk playing upon those sweet lips of his while he performed his solo to 'Let's Try It Again' an absolute favorite of mine on their new album. Listening to his falsetto was beautiful and enticing. Hearing his beautiful voice made my knees easily weak in an instant as I saved myself the embarrassment of falling by already sitting down and my heart had lost complete control of itself. While the guys rehearsed for tonight, there were moments of them coming to me one at a time and sing to me while taking my hand and joining me to dance with them as Jonathan and I shared a slow dance towards the end of Joey's Melody rendition and Donnie couldn't stop holding my hand during his solo of 'Stay With Me Baby.' Once the rehearsal had ended, the guys were able to relax a bit and stayed on the stage for a little while as Jordan jumped off the stage and walked towards me and embraced me with a soft peck on the lips.

"That was really amazing, handsome and I can't wait to see how everything turns out tonight with the special effects and the whole arena filled with your fans screaming out your names will definitely be exciting." I spoke out with enthusiasm in my voice as Jordan caught my excitement and kept his strong arms tight around me.

"I can't wait for tonight either, Baby. You're going to love our first show, trust me." His lips soon reached for mine a second kiss before the two of us pulled apart and we're later joined with Jonathan and the rest of our friends. The only thing that worried me a bit was the minute I turned my eyes to glance at Donnie. He had this expression of irritation on his face when he stared at Jordan who wasn't paying attention to his best friend as I assumed my eyes were playing tricks with my mind and didn't think about it too much afterwards.

As all of us arrived back to the hotel in the comfort of limos, each of us retreated to relaxation found within our luxury hotel suites. I fell against the softness of the bed on my back while the warm contact of a soft hand gently ran their fingers through the silkiness of my tobacco hair as I looked to the side and found my sweet boyfriend lying beside me sharing a wide smirk on his lips. I admit the feeling of my hair being played with and stroked felt so good that I tried to contain my urge to moan and bit the bottom of my lip as in a little while we were going to meet everyone for a pre-concert dinner before returning to the venue for the show tonight.

"I know I've been saying this many times lately ever since you came with me, but I'm really...really glad that you're here with me, Stephanie." Within an instant of hearing his words, my lips quickly revealed a loving smile to him while it was met with his white glistening grin in return and the spark inside those beautiful chocolate pools burned with pure desire.

"I'm very happy to be here too, J. I mean...I know what it feels like being in a new city and meeting new faces it's interesting but never have I experienced anything like this with what you and the rest of the guys go through every day...it's new to me." My fingers softly brushed through his dark hair while he held onto my hand and placed it close to his cheek.

"Everything about it is wonderful but eventually it isn't the same without being with the ones you love and they're so far away that you miss them like crazy. I'm happy to be sharing my hectic life with you and even if it's for a short time I don't care. You're here with me now and that's all that matters, I love you, Stephanie." Those last three words lifted my heart in the air while my pink lips spread cheek to cheek before I answered with a meaningful kiss placed against his irresistible lips.

"Ditto..." My voice whispered back to him after our lips parted before he press himself against me and sent his lips back onto mine as he deepen the cherishing moment with the invitation of his tongue. This man had a strong force over me that slowly made me lose all control and I knew he was the one I was going to love for the rest of my life.

The beautiful darken sky must have endlessly filled the atmosphere like an open ocean with the stars dimly lit as the countless lights belonging to the city sparked up like fireflies tonight while I was surrounded in a sea of anxious and screaming hormones. The New Kids fans were everywhere I looked as girls desperately waited for their favorite group to come out on stage and perform the very first concert of their new tour.

I stood in the front row a few feet away from the large stage with my fingers toying with the backstage pass hanging around my neck that was given to me by Jordan and easily being tangled by my heart shaped peace sign necklace. I've been to New Kids concerts before and it always seemed to blow my mind at the sight of thousands of their devoted fans in the same room as it scared me slightly. None of them knew that Jordan had a girlfriend now and the thought of the word getting out and the media printing out the hot topic in every single magazine and these fans finding out about it made me feel lightheaded.

Girls can seriously be vicious if they find out that their favorite New Kid or any other celebrity they have their eyes set on is in a relationship and they are not the significant other. The thought quickly entered the deep crevasses of my mind as I knew Jordan wouldn't let it slip and keep me away from the heavy spotlight. A light smile played upon my face while I overheard a group of girls next to me having a conversation with Donnie as the subject and with a secretive glance I could tell they were about my age although maybe a few years younger despite the amount of make-up painted on their faces.

"Oh my god, I cannot wait to see Donnie on stage tonight! He is so sexy and I would literary die if he came up to me and sang to me. Maybe I'll get invited to one of their after parties. I badly want to jump his bones." The blonde standing next to me burst out as the words falling out of her lips almost made me laugh while her friends giggled in agreement.

Suddenly for some reason, the moment I realized that angry look on Donnie's face as he looked at Jordan came back to me. I didn't understand the reason for it happening as I wondered about it because Donnie is my best friend and I cared for him.

"Well, I recently heard that Donnie shows how much he loves a girl by never letting go when it comes to hugging one. Oh, if only he hugs me, I'll make sure to never him go and he'll be mine." The voice of another girl in the group broke out of that one thought and into a chain of moments of Donnie embracing me in his arms and the trouble it was of him wanting to let go. There was no denying that the lovable Leo loved to cuddle and when he did it was like no tomorrow, it wasn't a problem I had but recently I'm beginning to wonder if what those girls said is true.

'Does he really never let go of a girl if he really loves her?'

Of course the Wahlberg loved me we've been friends for a long time now only I'm not so sure if it's the type of love that's just friendly anymore.

"What the hell am I thinking? Donnie doesn't like me that way..." I whispered quietly to myself even if no one was going to hear me anyways with the arena filled with endless voices.

'What if he did? Would you feel the same about him and rather be with him instead of Jordan?'

The minute the words inside my head spoke out, my heart stopped internally as I was in disbelief, how could I even think of that? I didn't even wanted to continue with the thought and mentally wanted to kick myself for it. I love Jordan with all my heart and I could never abandon him with another especially with someone we both know and trusted.

'Are you positive about that?'

The entire arena darken its lights as the lights on stage were the only ones lit making it able to see while the air filled my ears with piercing screams belonging to the fans standing all around me signaling the concert had already began.