Chapter 7: You're Finally Mine

As the mid-azure sky became visible over the deep blue ocean and its wonderful colors changing to different shades to the pink as misty purple clouds hovered above us, many of the visitors on the beach were gone leaving the five handsome New Kids and myself left on the sands not ready to leave just yet.

All of us formed a tight knitted circle around a bright burning fire that calmly glowed in the small sand pit as we roasted a few hot dogs and burned some puffy white marshmallows to prepare some tasty s'mores. We brought out some blankets to keep us warm from the chilly June air along with pullovers and jackets pulled over our cold bodies, especially after I was thrown into the water in my clothes. Luckily those extra clothes came in handy as I felt a lot better now wearing a dry pair of light blue Levi's and a light aqua and rose floral top, my hair was still a bit damp but it wasn't much a problem. The blanket I shared with Jordan as he sat close to me surely kept me warm as we roasted marshmallows by the warm fire.

Every one of us was talking here and there, most of the conversation was about their upcoming tour this summer and how exciting it was going to be, the guys also wanted to know how I was doing in California and about Berkeley as they were interested with the things in my life and I was happy telling them about it.

During our long conversations though my eyes would find themselves drifting towards the man sitting close to me, it was difficult for me to contain myself as those damn butterflies continued to nip at  my stomach even eating me up inside. My apprehensions clearly reacted to this when he showed off his slender body to me after removing his shirt to go for a dip in the salty ocean, it wasn't hard to see the muscles developed on his arms and stomach, which only made me want to hate him more for doing this to me. Now, he wore a pair of faded blue 501 Levis jeans and a white tank that revealed the muscles on his arms.

'If only you didn't have to leave so soon, Jordan. You just got here and you're leaving again....'

The voice of my own spoke inside my thoughts as I didn't want to reveal my disappointment to him or anyone else because if I did, then it would be hard to deny it. Jordan's warm eyes stared at me as he let a smirk spread along his tender lips when he saw that I was looking back at him.  His deep brown eyes reflected the flickering fire inside of them.

"Are you alright, Stephanie?"My heart had leaped from its place as he softly spoke within my ear, feeling my skin react with goosebumps.

"Yes, I'm fine, why does it seem like I'm not?" I looked at him once he pulled away from my ear, my voice was soft like a whisper while the others were too involved with another conversation that I hardly paid attention to as Jordan gave out another smile and answered me.

"No, I just had a thought, but forget it. Anyways, did you have a great time today? I'm sorry you got your clothes wet." Jordan let out, as I felt he was trying to read my thoughts but I quickly ignored it and heard his apology taking the fault that he couldn't save me from Donnie. I let my lips smile and reassured him it wasn't his fault.

"It's not your fault for what happened, J. The good thing is I brought extra clothes and I'm glad I did. I had a fun time, it was great to hang out with everyone again and I'll never forget it." I gushed a bit and smiled as Jordan's lips widen and showed his bright grin.

"Yeah, it really was fun having our favorite girl be with us like old times. Stephanie, would you like to go on a walk with me?" Jordan softly let out as he whispered in my ear for only me to hear, my heart gave a rapid skip and it was something I wasn't prepared for. There were a lot of times the two of us would go on walks around our neighborhood and around the city of Boston, but this time it felt different somehow and I couldn't understand why.

"Sure, but I think your marshmallow is burning, J." I gave out a soft laugh as his once white puffy marshmallow now was charred to a crisp. Jordan quickly pulled it away from the fire trying to save what was left.

The loud ocean waves filled the salty air as the skies were dark and enriched with indigo, the two of us walked together down towards the water along the shoreline. I held the blanket around me as Jordan placed his hands in the pockets of his white hooded sweatshirt, I knew Jordan for a long time and I could sense he was a little nervous about something and I couldn't understand what it could be...until now.

"There's something I've wanted to ask you for some time now and I don't want to wait any longer because I feel I won't have this chance again." Jordan's voice spoke out to me and broke the silence between us, as my heart continued to beat abnormally.

"What it is, Jordan?" I looked at him with anticipation as suddenly his hand grabbed hold of mine, gently bringing me close to him.

We stopped right then and there, my eyes falling into his deep chocolate ones as he gave me a very serious expression.

"I've been trying to find the right moment to tell you what's been on my mind for the past years. I realized how much you mean to me and for the longest time I've been falling for you, Stephanie. I was too nervous to even ask you whenever I saw you but now I feel more confident and I know that we may not be able to see each other as often with me being a New Kid and all. I honestly can't think about you being in someone else's arms by the time I do see you again and I don't know long that's going to be but what I do know is that I love you more than anything and I want us to be together for a long time and I need to know, Stephanie, will you be my girl?" Jordan's words made my heart stop suddenly as I could feel my body grow numb. I always dreamt of the day he would ask me to be his girlfriend but never did I thought that it would compare to this.

"Jordan, I..." I began trying to find the right words to come out of my mouth so I wouldn't screw up and act like a fool as he seemed anxious and almost worried thinking I was going to let him down. Instead I answered by wrapping my arms around him with the blanket embracing us both as I felt his strong arms around my waist and saw his sweet smile. "I would love to be your girl, I always had crush on you since I can remember. I honestly was afraid that you wouldn't like me more than a friend, now I do and I love you too." My lips formed a wide grin as his glance shifted from my lips to my eyes before I felt the gap between us slowly closing between us as finally our lips met and Jordan kissed me so sweetly that my body was about to give out on me at any moment.

My brain was short circuiting as there were no words to describe the feeling of his lips caressing mine as it left me completely breathless. The kiss lasted for a minute more even though it felt like an hour of bliss as we pulled apart and Jordan gazed at me with a loving look written upon his face while my stomach erupted with exploding butterflies.

"I really hope this isn't dream." I softly let out to myself, trying to shake away the uncontrollable nerves mentally as he began to hold me tighter against him while my hands were firmly placed around his neck.

"It isn't, baby. This is real." He whispered out tenderly before leaning forward again and touched my lips once more for another sweet kiss.

By now, we came back to join the group again and they knew something good happened between Jordan and I from the bright smiles on our faces and the fact that the two of us were holding hands. None of them said a word as they let their excited grins do the talking for them, especially Jonathan.

After a while, the six of us began to pack our belongings and head back to Danny's Jeep, everyone took the same seats as before with Jordan's arms wrapping around my body and my head resting against his sturdy shoulder. I couldn't help but feel very comfortable close to him as I tried to fight the feeling of sleep for the drive back home.

"Hey, I don't mind if you sleep on my shoulder, baby. I'll wake you up once we're there."Jordan let out as if he read my mind and I smiled before closing my eyes.

"Thanks, J." I spoke out and felt his soft lips pressing against my forehead as my mind was already drifting to sleep.