Chapter Fifty-seven: Turning Point

Start from the beginning

"She's gone. This is a vampire's turf, she knew better than to start a scandal here"

Flame's tears stopped from there. They both fell into a complete silence for a few seconds dahil may iniisip itong malalim.

Asher kissed Flame's temple as her mind wandered, "Let's get you cleaned up."

He stretched his fingers to summon the closest water source. Then cleaned Flame's bloodstained nails with a handful of fountain water.

Asher smiled as he bore his eyes into hers. "Now tell me what happened."

Flame did.

As she told Asher what happened, the weakness in her voice drifted until it turned firm and sure. "I need to go home, Ash. I want to know the truth"

"Okay," Asher sighed. For him it wasn't the best idea but Flame's decisions are absolute. It's hard to change her mind.

"I'll arrange a flight for you as soon – "

"No. That'll be too long. I have to get this done as soon as possible. Exams are coming up, Ash. This matter bothers me too much ayoko namang ma-distract ako kaya kailangan kong ayusin 'to agad"

Who was Asher to argue with that? Exams are the least of his worries right now.

"Fine. I'll find Aunt Celeste"

        Asher managed to get Celeste Hemlock away from the ball. The program has started and getting her attention was difficult. Also her husband was watching her like a hawk. But Asher managed to pull through with the plan.

Asher wanted to tag Callie along too because she was looking at him curiously as he kidnapped her Mom. She then turned away like she saw nothing weird.

Flame found a secluded area and managed to create a ward for the portal to open undetected. The whole hall was crowded with Vampires, they'll immediately detect if one used a major ability.

Asher was still reluctant to let Flame go on her own but once the portal closed napa buntong hininga nalang siya.

"You're not going to follow her?"

Asher shook his head.

"I could open another one for you, Ash. The ward is still protecting us."

"I trust her," Asher chuckled at the tempting offer. "She'll come back to me in one piece."

"You two are still not together huh?"

"Flame and I have always been together just not in a way others want to"

"That's a bummer," Celeste smiled. "You two simply being together could cause mass hysteria. A vampire and a witch. What an unlikely pair."

--

Enzo Alexander

Enzo didn't plan to be at the Sinclaire Manor on a fine Sunday afternoon.

His real plan was to be there at night because he and Aiane had an important task to do but Zeus ruined it.

The eldest Sinclaire called Enzo for help, which Zeus rarely does, so he agreed dala na rin ng pagtataka.

Ezra being locked in her room, ignoring the world, was considered a good sign for Enzo. Wala naman siyang alam na may gagawing importante ang kambal niya ngayon so he left the house silently.