♥You Jump, I Jump♥

Rose in the media bar.

There were a lot of things that Rose regretted in her life, but she didn't think she would ever regret her decision to end her life.

Her life hadn't been hers since the moment she was born, and no matter how many cars and dresses she owned, it never made up for all the decisions her mother had taken for her. 

Last night, however, had been the final straw.

Rose had known for the longest time that she wasn't meant for the life she had been given. She was like a dancer trapped in a cage, never allowed to twirl and leap and soar. 

If this was her life, it wasn't worth living. 

She closed her eyes. The only sound she could hear was birds chirping in the trees that surrounded her school. It was too early for anyone to be there yet, and she supposed that when everyone did get there, they would be in for a bit of a surprise when they found her sprawled on the floor in front of the school, very much dead.

Dead.

The word didn't fill her with fear, but neither was it a pleasant thought in her head. She, like everyone else, had desires, and dreams, but she knew that there was no way she could ever live the life she wanted tied down by her duty to her mother and her family.

Screw duty.

She smiled at the thought of never having to dress up for another charity event ever again. Her mother was a blue blood, so she had never worked a day in her life. Her only concern waking up every day was to make sure she looked flawless, and that her daughter looked eligible.

Her mother's deepest fear was being poor. 

She was sure her mother would find another way to remain rich till she died. She was a smart woman.

 She had been lucky to be born with flawless creamy skin, big green eyes and long burgundy locks.She wondered if her life would be the same if she was ugly. Her mom would probably leave her alone then.

She'd wasted too much time thinking already, it was time to take the leap.

Don't worry daddy, she thought as she smiled, I'll be with you soon.

Her body tilted towards the ground, which seemed so close, yet far away.

This is it.

"What the heck do you think you're doing?"

Rose froze. She hadn't expected anyone to be there. What was someone doing in school two hours before it started?

"I..." She choked out, her voice dry and cracking like dry cement. She had to practically force the words out.  "Please leave." She whispered.

She felt pathetic. She was sure the boy could hear the sheer desperation in her tone. 

"No way in hell." Came his voice from behind her once again. " Get off the railing before you hurt yourself, idiot!" He seemed angry.  She wondered why it would even matter so much to this strange boy. 

Why couldn't be just mind his own business?

"I wouldn't be standing here if I didn't want to hurt myself!" She hissed back at him, anger replacing the desperation. She turned around to look at the idiot who couldn't mind his own business.

He was the most beautiful boy she had ever seen. Rose got around, and so she had seen her share of handsome men,  but this boy surpassed all of them. His light brown hair was the colour of the coffee that Rose woke up to every morning, another habit that her mother thoroughly disapproved of, and his eyes were a colour Rose couldn't identify. He wore a button down shirt, and he had a binder tucked under his arm. His lips were set in a frown.

"How bout you get off and explain why Rose DeWitt Bukater is standing on the edge of the school building and trying to hurt herself?" He drawled, trying to act laid back, but Rose could see the urgency in his eyes.

He really didn't want her to die.

Before she could stop herself, she stepped down. 

"I want to do this." She told him softly.

He shook his head, "No one wants to die."

"You don't even know me." She pointed out, "Why do you care?"

His eyes widened for a minute. He obviously hadn't been expecting the question. "I..I'm sorry if I don't want you to die." He said with such conviction, suddenly she started having second thoughts about ending her life.

She shook her head. This boy knew nothing of her life at home. 

"Stop distracting me. I don't want you to see this." She said shakily as she turned back to face the edge. "Go before you're the first person to see me flattened on the floor like a pancake."

"Fine." She heard him grit out from behind me. And then there was a silence.

He must have left, she thought. She was surprised to feel the sinking feeling in her heart. With a jolt of surprise, she realised she had not wanted him to give up on her. 

She shut her eyes. What did she expect? He was a stranger after all.

"I don't think you're going to do it." 

Her eyes opened to see the boy standing next to her on the edge.

She gaped at him. "What are you doing?" She hissed, "Get down."

He just ignored her and continued, "If you wanted to jump, you would have done it already." He said, with good humour.

Rose's eyes widened as she looked at the boy next to her, "What are you doing?" She asked finally.

"It's quite simple actually." He informed her, "You jump, I jump after you."

Her eyes widened at his carefree attitude. "W-what?" She stammered.

"Either we both die today Ms. DeWitt Bukater, or we both live." He said, with the most solemn expression on his gorgeous face, "And let me tell you, I'm not afraid of death. God knows, I might discover I can fly."

This boy was mad. There was no other explanation. This was utter, complete madness.

"You're crazy." She whispered.

He looked over at her, "That's what everyone says." He informed her, "And you're one to talk, I'm not the one jumping off the school building."

She shook her head, "Who are you?" She asked the peculiar boy who seemed to have no worries at all.

He grinned at her. "Jack Dawson." He held out his hand, "Pleased to make an acquaintance." 

Rose just stared at his outstretched hand.

"Now," He continued, "Can we please get off this goddamned railing? I think the oxygen deprivation is getting to me."

She followed him off without another word, a little smile gracing her face at his silly comment, all thoughts of dying forgotten. 

So.

I honestly love the pair of them already.

What do you guys think?

I'd love to hear from you guys, don't be silent readers!

Love ya,

~Rue.