Chapter 3

"So which is it? Completely straight or lesbian?" I was trying very hard not to touch him, because if I did all hell would break loose. He looked kinda upset.

"Depends on who you are. For everyone but you I am whatever they aren't." I wanted him to know that he was mine, but I knew that he wouldn't understand why.

"Please stop hitting on my brother. It's just gross." Bre made gagging noises over her lunch, a barely edible salad.

"Oh he's only your half brother so cool your jets!" It was the only reasonable explanation

"How did you know he was my half brother?"

"For one, you aren't twins. I have known you for going on 5 or 6 years now and I would have heard about a twin or another sibling. Two, your eyes are bigger and you have a cleft chin, he doesn't. His eyes are hazel and yours are brown. Those are all dominant genes, although if one of you had a mother with blue eyes you would have blue eyes as they are more dominant. I've met your dad. He has smallish brown eyes and no cleft chin. Therefore your mother- who I have also met- has big brown eyes and a cleft chin while his mother has hazel eyes, no cleft."  And what else would explain why he smells human while your entire family is shifter, Bre.

"Would you stop smelling him? You are creepy."

"Whatever."

"Emergency Pack Meeting at 4:30, Mandatory" I could feel Ryan's  message ripple through the pack, it felt kinda creepy.

"Should I bring my mate? He's human."

"Found him already? I wouldn't bring him today simply because it might be overwhelming for him. Not everyone can handle finding out about shifters like you did. You will have to tell him eventually, but today seems a bit soon."

I whined a little at  that. I didn't want to leave him, but I knew Ryan was right.

"Bre I will ask Alicia if she will give us a ride this afternoon. We can drop Will off at your house. Speaking of which, my parents are getting more annoying than usual, can I stay at your house tonight? Pretty pretty please? I will pay you in pudding and even go to the next party you throw.”

"Lemon pudding, and you can't cover your legs. Otherwise it's a deal. And another thing, why can't you drive us? You have a car."

"A totalled car, remember? The whole interior needs to be reupholstered and we kind of need to put it back in the right shape." I started texting Alicia

"Hey Hottie what are you doing here in Loserville? I could have sworn I invited you to sit with us. Don't let the dweebs drag you down sugar." Screeched the annoyingly chipper voice of Gwen the Skank. She was this annoying cheerleader-esque slut complete with barely there skirts and tops, mile high fuck-me heels, and a lovely frosting of skin cancer to clash with her bottled blond hair. She leaned down to whisper in his ear as well as flash him. Victoria Secret and see through, nice classy even. Today her skirt was your average jean mini that has been trimmed a couple inches too many and a white top that might as well have been completely transparent. Oh look another opportunity to show off your bra. Because everybody wants to see your little boy breasts.

Thomas was nearly gagging, Bre was trying to keep down her lunch and plug her nose against the invasion of Victoria Secret's Very Sexy perfume. I was getting ready to peel off her face. I was 90% sure it was plastic.

"Listen, I don't know who you are, but these are my friends. So you can take your skanky-ass ho self and get the fuck out of here. I'm not interested." He shook her off on one side as if she were poisonous and slung his arm around my shoulders. I immediately started purring quietly.  I gave Gwen a wide grin.