He's out of luck, like on any other day. I speed up.

"Oh, God. Oh, God," I hear Gabrielle chant in my ear.

A smirk appears on my mouth. Fucking pure and innocent, I'm telling you.

We near the lights at the end of this street. Spider tries to pass me one more time, but I successfully dodge him and at the perfect opportunity, I speed up and leave him behind us.

Gabrielle lays her head on my shoulder. I try to ignore it, try to shut her out, try to imagine she's just some girl that's riding with me. It's nothing unusual for me to be riding with a girl. In fact, it's unusual if I don't ride with a girl.

It's just Gabrielle that bothers me. It feels weird having her that close to me. I've been trying to keep a distance, trying to get her to hate me. Because I don't want to have her in my business. She would get wrecked in my world. She's too good, although she sure does have claws.

She's getting bolder every day. It's getting harder to mess with her now and it almost feels like she's starting to enjoy everything I say and do to her.

I can't have that.

When we come out in the light, a sudden wind crushes into my body. I welcome it, completely used by it now, but Gabrielle's not prepared for it and she hides her head in my neck.

When I feel her breath on my neck, it makes chills run down my body. I swear to God, I almost crash. Spider clearly uses this in his advantage, using that second of my deconcentration wisely, flying past me.

I grit my teeth together and block Gabrielle out of my mind. She's just a girl. Just a nameless girl riding with me tonight.

I feel her lips a whisper away from my neck.

Damn it. God fucking damn it all to hell.

I'm a millisecond away from losing it. Someone else is already close behind me, trying to get past.

I inhale sharply and a growl comes out of me as I add the gas and we go faster, driving on the winding road. It's not safe what I'm doing, but I've been on this road for so many times, I'm sure I can pull it off and get us first again.

Gabrielle seems content resting her face in my neck. It bothers me. It bothers me fucking a lot, but other than throwing her off the motorcycle, I can't do anything about it.

I just put my focus on Spider in front of me. At a particularly sharp turn, I come really close to him with high speed. I see he's holding back on the gas. I laugh to myself. Fucking coward. And he thinks he could have a shot at winning this?

At the next turn, I'm past him. And soon, we come to the nearing end. I hear Spider behind me, but I left him far behind and I'm not worried about him anymore.

The loud cheering greets me as I drive on the end. I have a face-splitting grin on my face as the people come around me in a circle. "Sin! Sin! Sin!" They chant over and over again.

God, that feels nice.

As I turn the motorcycle off, Gabrielle doesn't seem to know we're still. She's clinging to me for dear life. It makes my stomach clench as the consciousness of how close we are.

This is not good.

"Yo. Little one, it's time for you to get off now. The ride's over."

These words seem to do the magic. She startles as if I just woke her up. She looks around her with fear in her eyes. I move my gaze somewhere else.

She unclasps her hands and unwraps her arms from around my body. I clench my jaw. It felt weird when she wrapped her arms around me, now it feels even weirder when she's unwrapping them.