Reunited

I'm in the rental car and I turn on ESPN Radio. Scott is announcing the lineup for week one of the regular season! The lineup kicks off with an away game for the Kanas City Chiefs! I look at my paper that Scott gave me before I left and it has the players i'll be interviewing. The rental car stops at the loading area and we leave. I sit in the makeup chair wondering who the driver of the rental car was. I'm out on Bank of America Field taking this all in. I see the teams warming up! I get ready to do an interview with Cam Newton, the quarterback of the Panthers. An hour later, the interview ends and the game starts! I watch the game on the sidelines and it gets intense. Halftime happens and the score is KC 21 CAR 0 I interview Andy Reid, the coach and he's happy with the way the team is playing. Third quarter starts and i'm on edge. Alex gets sacked hard and I turn to the camera and report that the injury is a concussion. Nick Foles, the backup quarterback takes the field and the game goes south. The third quarter ends with a tie game. Fourth quarter starts and I look on the sidelines to see Travis looking worried. That's when it hit me that Travis was the one driving the rental car to the stadium! I cheer on the team and the Chiefs win KC 28 CAR 21! I interview Nick and Travis and they head to the team locker room! Half an hour later, I get a call from Scott telling me I have another assignment. So much for being reunited with Travis. I tell the guys that i'm staying in North Carolina for a basketball game.