Chapter 8

We played several more games, and surprisingly the Ducks were a really good team. But Adam and I did help, we scored the most points throughout the games. We are actually going to be in the State Championships game. The bad thing it's against the Hawks. Coach Bombay is taking all of us on a fieldtrip, he says it for getting in the Championships. So now were all in the white van and talking.

"Where are you taking us coach?" Charlie asked. That seemed to get everyone's attention as we all listen up to what he was going to say.

"It's a surprise Ducks, so you will all just have to wait." Everyone started talking again. I was talking to Adam because everyone else on the team hated us.

"Do you have any idea where he's taking us?" I asked him.

"Not a clue." Adam said quietly. Soon enough we got to this huge hockey stadium, I recognized it as the North Stars stadium. We all went in and saw the North Stars team practicing. They all walked by us and two of them even stopped to talk to Coach Bombay. Once they left Coach said the ice was ours to go on. Everyone quickly got on their skates and raced out there, everyone except Adam and me. We didn't know if the Ducks would want us out there or not.

"You guys heading out?" We turned around to see Coach with a pair of skates in his hands. Adam and I looked at each other unsure of what to do.

"It looks like fun Coach, but we don't think the Ducks want us out there." I replied quietly. He gave us a weird look and said.

"Why wouldn't they want you guys out there?" Was he dense?

"Because the Ducks hate us, you know because we're Hawks, and we weren't nice to them when we're Hawks. At least I wasn't." Adam replied. I gave him a smile, that's my Adam!

"Oh so you guys think that because you were mean in the past you don't deserve a second chance?" What's he getting at? We both shook our heads.

"I tell you two something, when I first started being their coach, I was mean and they hated me. But, now they like me. See I got a second chance. You guys should as well." He looked down at us, and gave us a smile.

"Well I'm going to go on the ice, you two are welcomed as well." And with that he went skating off. Me and Adam looked at each other.

"What should we do?"

"I don't know, but it looks like fun out there."

"Yeah" I responded. Just then Charlie skated over by us.

"Why aren't you guys on the ice?"

"Why would you want Hawks hanging out with you?" I replied glumly.

"I don't see any Hawks, I see two Ducks sitting on the bench, who should be hanging out on the ice." What! Did he just call us Ducks? Charlie gave us a smile.

"Please come out, you know you two want to. And besides you can show off your hockey skills." He said cheerfully. We both smiled and laced up our skates and skated over to the rest of the Ducks.

"Finally you two came out! We were thinking about getting Peter to threaten you guys." That got everyone laughing, except Jesse, obviously he still hates us. So we skated around for a while having a lot of fun, and we even got to watch the game. The cool thing was our name was announced and it was on the huge screen. The bad thing was we saw McGill and Larson there who made fun of us from a distance. On the way home most everyone was talking and laughing and stuff. Till they got to our neighborhood and saw how big the houses are.

"You live there!" We both nodded are heads.

"You guys are so lucky!"

"Can I move in?"

"Are you like really rich?" Everyone started talking at once. We finally got out of the van and walked to our houses. I got in my and got ready for bed, I couldn't wait till the Championship game. Even though I know it's going to be hard.
______________________________________

A/N: Happy Thanksgiving guys!! Hope you all had a wonderful day!!