Ch.10: In Control

"I have to go, Tom," Tord said hoarsely, a look of insanity was riddled across his scarred face....

"...what?"

Tom awoke, he was soaked in sweat. His lungs expanded and shrunk as he panted heavily. The Brit just experienced one of his worst nightmares, ever.

Tom's POV

My eyes slowly opened and closed, trying to adjust to the light. From my blurred sight, I could hardly make up the image of a man, clad in red and blue. He was putting his red boots on and he held a packsack. Before I could tell who it was and what he was doing, I fell asleep once more.

My muscles convulsed as I jolted up, something told me to wake up. Natural instinct? Worry? The little red lights on my alarm numbered out, "12:00pm." I decided to wake up, Tord was probably already awake.

As I slid to the edge of the bed, I noticed a little yellow sticky note on my desk. I stumbled to the wooden desk groggily, taking ahold of the small paper. It read exactly as goes;

"If you are wondering where I am, I am gone. I'm off for important business, be right back
-Tord"

His note was rather blunt and simple, no description whatsoever. What did he have to do that was so secret? The fact that he didn't tell me angered me. But, I had better things to deal with; my lunch.

As I munched on my toast, I slowly come to realization that it is boring without Tord. Boring and admittedly lonely. How long would it take for Tord to come back? A day? A week? A MONTH? Would Tord even call?

All of these questions circled in my already crowded mind. In all honesty, I almost felt betrayed. The cold room closed in on me as I recall the word "betrayal," making me flinch in disgust. There was a rumble outside. Then, the walls suddenly crash in, soon, I'm under rubbish.

Stacks of wood, metal and other materials bury me in my so-called grave. I punch, I kick, but the more I do, the more I hyperventilate and take up the remaining oxygen I have.
My throat starts to burn as I inhale more and more dust. I try over and over to escape but I can't. A rush of adrenaline jolts through my frail body, I call out for help. No one answers. I'm alone. A wave of deception hits me strong. As I begin to settle for defeat, the rubbish presses harder against my chest. It seems that the more I tried to defend myself, the more it caused the scraps to push against me.

Hah, almost like Tord. The more I tried to fight back, the more he continued to persuade me, to taunt me. I could hear his psychotic laughter echo through the scraps, almost too clearly. I chuckled to myself one last time, my eye sight dimmed and went black.

"Shit, not this again! Matt get the water," a panicked voice ringed in my ears, I tried to wake up, but I was frozen there.

"Matt, hurry up! His breath is slowing down," the voice ordered in a shriek. A wave of shock jolts through me, ice cold water collided against my face. My eyes flew open and I took a deep breath as I clenched my chest.

Edd was by my side, a worried look spread across his face. His brown hair curled in messy locks, he probably grasped his hair from panic. I sat up and looked around, the kitchen table and a few chairs were flipped over. It was all just a lie.

"What... How... I," I tried to make up a sentence, but my mind was too puzzled to do so.

"You were making a lot of racket, so we came to see what was up- next thing you know you were on the ground yelling and crying. This is the tenth time since the... incident, Tom. You should seek help," Edd suggested, placing his hand gently on my shoulder.

I glanced at his hand, it was slightly scarred and damaged. The incident... I winced and began to tear up. My heart seemingly burned in my chest, thumping and pounding to be set free.