Ignored

☆Jade★

The moment Jane and I got out of the car, I noticed a boy and a whole lot of girls running to our direction. WTF!! When the boy reached Jane, he immediately hugs her. He better keeps his hands off. The girls surrounded me, making it hard for me to fucking yank that boy away from my Jane.

They threw questions after questions. Like, 'Does Jane and I live together?', or 'Is Jane one of the girls that I used to sleep around?', they're seriously full of bullshit. Where did they even get the news that I used to sleep around? Also, I am really offended that they dared ask me the question if Jane is like one of those sluts.

It took the bell to ring for them to finally disperse. I noticed Jane still talking to the boy. I tried calling Jane to gain her attention, but it seems she's too engrossed in their conversation to notice me.

I felt like I wasn't really needed anymore so I just went off ahead. I made my way inside the library and went to my corner. I started making my make-shift chair and sat on it.

Am I being replaced? Or am I just being paranoid? Probably the latter. I mean, I love her, she loves me, so I'm really being paranoid about these things. Who was that boy anyway? I surely forgot his name when he introduced himself when he was just new. They might be old friends. An old friend I know nothing of. It hurts. She didn't even notice that I was gone.

'Jade, just- just don't get too attached.'

"Why? She's my mate, aside from that, I am in love with her. Being attached to her is only natural. What you said just doesn't make any sense, Dark."

'It doesn't need to make any sense. We're different. She's bound to hate us. She's bound to die someday. I'm not being pessimistic. I'm being realistic about these things. You need to fucking listen. I don't want you to get hurt.'

"Dark, if I get hurt, then I get hurt. I understand your concern but it's not needed. Pain is there to teach us a thing or two about something. I get it. I know we're different. We can't even be killed. I know that pure silver can kill vampires, but not us. You know I've been self-destructive the first few weeks when Jane and I broke up six years ago, but I won't do that again. I've learned a lot of things. I'll live, if not for Jane, then for Father and my family."

'Okay. Just remember that attachment is the root of all suffering. I'm attached to you, that's why right now I'm hurting. You'll know soon enough, Jade. The reason why I'm currently hurting for you. Until then, refrain from asking questions that have something to do with this issue.'

"Fine. Fine by me. I won't mind. Just- if you're hurting because of me, then stop caring. I love you, Dark. You're my constant companion. I don't want you to get hurt. Even if it's for my sake. Promise me, Dark."

'That I can't do, Jade. End of discussion.' Dark ignored me after I tried to reach out a lot of times. I just stopped trying. It's no use anyways.

I teleported outside of the clinic. I made my way inside and just walked towards Iris's office. I knocked three times and let myself in. Iris looked up from her work.

When she noticed that it was me, she gave me a warm smile. "Jade, it's good to see you. Thank you. You know for keeping me company last night. It was fun and quite refreshing." What? Last night? I'm pretty sure I was supposed to be in Hell. I felt like the moment I woke up, was the moment that I just got back from Hell. What is she talking about?

'Jade, I forgot to mention. The moment you step foot back here in the surface, their memories were returned. For those times that you were gone, they filled the gap themselves. They actually create false memories on their own without them knowing. It depends on the person. So, Jane has a different one, Yx has a different one, Iris, and everybody else that you've encountered has different memories. They've fabricated it based on their own wants, desires, and stuff. So don't get so surprised.'

WHAT THE FUCK?! "Why didn't you tell me sooner?" Dark just ignored my question and just left me wondering about what the fucking shit is currently happening right now.

"It's my pleasure, Iris. The dinner was amazing. I was quite entertained." When you like to keep someone company for a night, dinner is inevitable, right? I just hope a fucking dinner was involved. I don't want to sound like some stupid little shit.

"I know. You couldn't stop moaning while eating the food. You couldn't even stop complimenting me about my cooking skills. I'm really flattered." This woman has a very ambitious imagination. I'm a very picky eater. I guess the supposed dinner was nice, but I doubt she could rival our chef when it comes to cooking. I mean, that man was the best in his field.

"Jade, forgive me, I'm going to ask again. Will you go out on a date with me?" WHAT?!

"I have a girlfriend."

"I know, but I still want to ask you." WTF!! Why would you ask someone to go on a date with you if you know that they're taken? I mean, what's the point of all of the shit? Man, I really think women are complicated. Like, I am kind of one myself but I never truly understand them, not even a little bit.

"Iris, I think I should go now. You know, before this conversation gets out of control." She nodded.

"Just promise me that you'll think about it. Please, Jade. I'm begging you." I made my way towards the door and opened it. I made my way out. Before I could close the door, I faced her again.

"I might but I can't promise you." Then, I closed the door and teleported back to my corner inside the library. I returned the books to their proper places and went out of the library. On my way to my second class, I bumped into Jane. I grabbed her arm before she could fall to the ground.

"Jane, wait. I'm sorry. Are you hurt?" She just stared at me. She yanked her arm away and walked off. What did I do wrong now?