Beast

☆Jade★

I felt that someone is currently staring at me intensely. I fluttered my eyes open. I noticed that it was Jane. I tried to sit up but Julie's arm is wrapped around me in a possessive manner. I just shook my head and went back to my previous position.

"School's over?" She nodded her head in confirmation.

"I'm sorry. I fell asleep. You should've called me though. Why didn't you?" She smiled at me lovingly.

"I called your mom. She said that you two were sleeping. I don't want to disturb you. Don't worry, Yx dropped me off." I just smiled at her. I got out of my sister's grip, stood up, and then picked my sister bridal style.

I faced Jane and asked, "Want to come with me?" She just nodded her head.

Jane opened the door for me and I thanked her. We walked towards my sister's room. I kicked it gently to open it. I went to Julie's bed and put her down gently. I put the comforter just below her chin and kissed her forehead. I closed the door quietly.

We walked back into my room in silence. I got on top of my bed. I motioned for her to sit between my legs. When she finally sat down, I hugged her. She leaned into me. My front pressed to her back.

"Are you exhausted?" She nodded.

"Very. This day has been so tiring." I kissed her shoulder.

I hummed. "Sleep, Jane. I'll be here." She didn't respond. I reckon she already fell asleep.

I hugged her tighter and she sighed my name. It made me smile. These peaceful days will soon end. Things don't last forever, especially things like these. Chaos will soon start. I might not be able to stop destiny from running its course.

I stared at Jane's peaceful features. Don't be the one to betray me, Jane. I will no doubt break beyond repair. I might not be able to become myself again. It took a very long while to put back some pieces of me. It took a while for me to trust again, to trust you again. I gave you this second chance. Please, treasure it. I beg you to not make room for a second mistake.

I released an exasperated sigh. I caressed her face gently. Basing on our positions, it is kind of a let-down that I don't really get to see her face. But she's comfortable, so I really don't care.

'Jade, why don't you just read her mind? You and I both know something is bothering her.' Dark suddenly suggested.

"I can't do that, Dark. It's her privacy. I respect it. I just hope she'll tell me, you know. I'm her mate, I want to be there for her."

'It's your choice, Jade. By the way, why are you always sleeping? Must I remind you that we don't really need to sleep? I mean we can relax and stuff. You should use your spare time to train. You must've been getting rusty.'

"Must I remind you, Dark, that I'm not going through a fucking chemical change. I just want to sleep, okay. They help me relax my head. Besides, Angelika is going to be my sparring partner. So, no need to rush."

Dark rolled her eyes. 'Jade, you're not going to have a sparring session with Angelika. You need to take it half seriously. I thought sparring meant no killing. You need to use like 10% - 20% of your strength. Just not above those numbers. You might accidentally blast this planet. Father might complain because he needs to judge too many souls.'

"I think 5% would do, Dark. I will be careful not to blast this planet. My loved ones are here, you know. I would never do that. I don't want to lose control especially when it's concerning about my powers. I've trained myself since I was just a year old. I can't lose control. Last time I did, I almost wiped my existence from people's memory. We are really dangerous beings."

Dark chuckled. 'You don't say, man. I mean, it's one of the reasons why we are Father's heir. You'd think that even if his blood is running in our veins, we'd be okay. No, we need to prove ourselves. Like, damn. Sometimes it's tiring, but it is fun most of the times.'

I sighed. It's true though. "Yeah, I guess. I care not about it though. I mean, I feel like I will not soon care about a lot of things. The beast inside me, our truest form, it's laughing evilly. It knows what will come, and it knows that we are going to be helpless about the situation."

'Are you implying that it will soon fully be awake and it will soon cause chaos?'

"Not chaos, Dark. I think it's just like us. A darker version of the both of us combined. It will wake up from its slumber and be one of us. It will complete us as an individual fully, Dark. The beast is the missing piece."

'Is that what you really think about it?' Dark asked.

I understand Dark's hesitation about the beast. After all, Father said that in a prophecy the beast inside me will be the most powerful being in the world. As long as Dark and I will be around, it won't cause havoc.

"Yes, Dark." Dark just didn't respond. Honestly, this is a lot to take in. I'm afraid of my beast. I'm afraid of myself. I am truly dangerous. I'm scared to know the extent of my capabilities.

But, I think everything will be okay. Jane is here, my family is here, my friends are here. Everything will be fine. I just need to believe that it will be. The moment that I stop believing is the moment that my beast will be fully awakened. I can't have that now. I can't lose control. This day will soon end, and I'll have two more days.