Chapter Four: Flirtation Gets You Coke(ca-cola)

Começar do início

"Mr. Ashby is in Mr. Garland's hands now." Tino ordered, causing me to clench my fist. "That's an order, not a request. Have you seen him? I was going to introduce him to Jake." 

I rolled my eyes, trying to keep my head. "He's probably in the bathroom." 

Tino nodded and gestured for Jake to follow him as he walked out of the room. I was about to sit when Alan bolted up and latched onto me tightly, whimpering and shaking. 

"No! I don't want another nurse!" He whined. I sighed, pulling Alan from me. 

"Listen-" 

"No! You listen!" Alan sputtered. "If-if I tell you everything about me, can I stay with you?" 

"It doesn't work that way." I said sadly. Alan let out a soft sob and he covered his mouth. 

"I knew it! I fucking knew it!" he growled. "Right when I let people in, they fucking leave! You're just like everyone else!" 

"Alan," I murmured, putting my hand on his shoulder. 

"Don't…fucking…touch…me." he hissed, shoving me away and racing from my office, causing a tear to roll down my cheek. Fuck. 

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

"Austin, are you okay?" asked Dan carefully. I felt my mouth water slightly. 

"Oh, yeah. I'm okay." I sighed, placing my Pepsi bottle down on the table. Dan gave me a sympathetic smile. 

"We get off tonight. It's our weekend off, you know?" Dan reminded me. That was true. This weekend was Dan, Alex, and I's weekend off. Each weekend, we rotated the weekend off. This weekend was our weekend. Yay. Can you sense my excitement? -.-

Jenna would take Dan's patients, Matty would take mine, and Jeremy would take Alex's. 

I sighed and nodded. "Yeah." 

Dan nudged me and smiled gently. "Hey, I know you're feeling shitty about what happened to Jaron," I sucked in my cheeks, "you know, we're here to talk, if you want to." 

I nodded, appreciative of my friend. "Thanks." 

Dan nodded back at me and stood up. "Five more minutes." he cheered. "Let's go get Alex!" 

I grinned and stood, stretching slightly. "Alright-okay." 

I pulled on my jacket and grabbed my things before following Dan out of my room. Dan was whistling a small tune and I fell in step with him, walking to Alex's office. 

"Get off! I'm not like them!" screamed a familiar voice. My head perked up and I saw Alan pressed against the wall, two nurses cornering him, one being Jake, the other being Dean. Jake was rubbing his bruised jaw. Dan paused as well, wearily taking in the scene. "No! I don't need that!" 

Dean held a syringe in his hands and he was struggling to make it steady so they could inject Alan. 

"Alan, you have to calm down, you're too violent-" Dean muttered. 

"No! I didn't mean to hit him! Please! I don't want it!" Alan pleaded, writhing against the wall as the syringe was brought closer to his skin. 

"What's going on here?" I asked, stepping forward to intervene. Alan whimpered and slid down the wall, tears streaming down his cheeks. 

Jake turned to me. 

"Alan hit me when I mentioned you being his therapist." Jake sighed, showing me the side of his face for evidence. "And he got extremely violent, and Dean said to tranquilize him." I was about to shout at the nurses for causing Alan such grief, but Dan stopped me.