Chapter 17

As the tour continued, the bond between Eclipse and Taka grew stronger, though they both kept their feelings mostly unspoken. Eclipse's professional demeanor never wavered, but she couldn't deny the warmth she felt when Taka was around. The other band members noticed the subtle changes and shared knowing looks but respected the unspoken understanding between the two.

One evening in Tokyo, after an electrifying concert, the band and their entourage decided to unwind at a private club. The atmosphere was relaxed, with music and laughter filling the air. Eclipse, as always, remained vigilant, her eyes scanning the room for any potential threats.

Taka, unable to stay away, approached her. "Do you ever take a break?" he asked with a teasing smile.

Eclipse gave a small, appreciative smile. "Not when I'm on duty. Someone has to keep an eye on you guys."

Taka's gaze softened. "Well, you're off duty now. Come join us for a bit."

Eclipse hesitated but finally nodded. "Alright, just for a little while."

They found a quieter corner of the club, away from the main crowd. Taka handed her a drink, and they settled into a comfortable conversation. As they talked, the world outside seemed to fade away, leaving just the two of them.

"Tell me more about you," Taka said, leaning in slightly. "I feel like I know so little about the person who keeps us all safe."

Eclipse took a sip of her drink, pondering his request. "There's not much to tell. I grew up with a brother who always looked out for me, and I decided to make a career out of protecting others. It gives me a sense of purpose."

Taka nodded, understanding the depth behind her words. "You've been through a lot, haven't you?"

Eclipse's eyes flickered with a mix of pain and resilience. "Everyone has their battles. Mine just happen to be a bit more literal."

Before Taka could respond, a loud crash echoed from the entrance of the club. Eclipse's instincts kicked in immediately. She stood, scanning the area for the source of the disturbance. Taka, unable to stay behind, followed her lead.

They reached the entrance to find a group of masked individuals causing havoc. Eclipse's training took over, and she moved swiftly, disarming one of the attackers with a series of precise moves. Taka joined her, his adrenaline pumping as he helped fend off the intruders.

In the midst of the chaos, one of the attackers managed to grab Taka, holding a knife to his throat. Eclipse's heart raced, but her face remained calm and focused. She stepped forward, her voice steady.

"Let him go," she commanded, her eyes locked on the attacker.

The attacker tightened his grip, sneering. "Or what?"

Eclipse's gaze turned icy. "Or you'll regret it."

The standoff was tense, but Eclipse's unwavering resolve seemed to have an effect. The attacker hesitated, and in that split second, Eclipse moved. With a swift and decisive motion, she disarmed the attacker, freeing Taka from his grasp.

Taka stumbled back, his heart pounding. Eclipse stood over the subdued attacker, her breathing heavy but controlled. She glanced at Taka, relief mingled with concern in her eyes.

"Are you okay?" she asked, her voice softer now.

Taka nodded, still catching his breath. "Yeah, thanks to you."

The police arrived shortly after, taking the attackers into custody. The rest of the band joined Taka and Eclipse, their faces a mix of worry and gratitude.

"You guys alright?" Toru asked, his voice tinged with concern.

Eclipse nodded, her professionalism reasserting itself. "We're fine. Just a bit of excitement for the night."

As the adrenaline wore off, the band decided to call it a night and head back to the hotel. Taka lingered behind with Eclipse for a moment, his eyes reflecting the depth of his feelings.

"You always save the day," he said, his voice filled with admiration.

Eclipse looked at him, her usual stoic expression softening. "It's my job. But tonight... I was more worried about you than I should have been."

Taka took a step closer, his hand reaching out to gently touch her arm. "Maybe because it's more than just a job now."

Eclipse felt a warmth spread through her at his words. She nodded, a small smile playing on her lips. "Maybe it is."

As they walked back to the hotel together, side by side, the night air was filled with a sense of something new blossoming between them. Taka's heart swelled with hope, and Eclipse, for the first time in a long while, allowed herself to feel a flicker of happiness.

Their journey was far from over, but whatever challenges lay ahead, they knew they would face them together, stronger and more united than ever.

4o