Chapter 16

Chapter 16-Heartland Foundation Dinner**            (Please vote for the story, Thanks)

Taylor has her arm latched onto Santo’s as they make their way down the corridor to the entrance of the main banquet hall. The photographers snap pictures of them and they get curious stares from others attending the function.

“You ready for this….”  Santo is looking down at her as he stops walking about mid-way to the door.

“No.”  Taylor looks down at herself, sighs then presses her hand down the front of her dress trying to cover her exposed leg.  She didn’t think about the slit on the side showing so much leg when she bought the dress.

“Leave it, your legs are gorgeous.  I’ll be a very envied man tonight.”  Taylor looks up at his smiling face and can’t help the blushing smile on her own face.

“Mr. Donati, I think you’re flirting with me.”  Taylor shyly responds.

“Flirting Mizzz Simon, you bet I am.  This is our first official date and I want that goodnight kiss.”  He grins at her and she doesn’t recall ever seeing his dimples so deep.  If he keeps looking at her like he is now he’s not going to have to wait until the end of the evening for that kiss.

A flash goes off from a camera nearby catching the moment between them and Taylor looks around to see where it came from.

“Sorry Taylor, I just couldn’t resist.”  Zoe walks over to stand in front of them.  Taylor relaxes knowing its Zoe.  Some of the pictures taken of them have caused her concern.  The two women hug each other and Zoe  introduces her to Santo.