Chapter 17

Chapter 17- The Merc     

(Bolded is recapped)

Get your hands off her Cromwell. She’s not here with you.”  Nathan and Taylor turn around and Santo is walking toward them.

“Well, that’s rich Donati, is she still hear with you.  Don’t you have a hookup to go to somewhere around here.  I’ll see that she gets home tonight. Isn’t that right Taylor?”   Taylor jerks her hand in Nathan’s grip again and he lets it go this time.

Santo clenches his fist at his side while glaring at Nathan. Taylor is ready to go home. Maybe she can find Zoe and ride with her. The night started out so good with the promise of it ending at his place or hers. Now she’s not so sure of anything anymore. She thought she could handle this but Santo hasn’t denied any of Nathan’s accusations.

“Taylor let’s go back inside?”  Santo holds his hand out and she stares at it with uncertainty. He see's the uncertainty in her eyes and drops his hand. 

“Now see what you’ve done Donati. I think you’ve gone and confused her. Taylor’s not a ménage a trois type girl.” Nathan chuckles. “Believe me I should know.” 

“Will you shut the hell up, Cromwell? Santo doesn’t look at Nathan, his eyes are fixed on Taylor. “Can we go somewhere and talk.”  Santo ask her.

“Where were you, I’ve been looking for you for almost an hour.” Taylor doesn’t take her gaze off of Santo.

“Taylor not here. Let’s go somewhere else.   He tells her. 

“No you go somewhere else Donati."  Nathan raises his voice to yell at Santo.  " You don’t know how to take care of her.” .

Taylor looks at Nathan in shock. “And you think you do Nathan…. you’re such a jackass. You didn’t want me until somebody else was interested, so don’t you dare stand here and act like you know what I want.”  Taylor shakes with rage as she looks from one man to the other.   

“Taylor, I told you, you can’t compete with a woman like Alina Jacobs, so you better get your ass in line and do as I say.” Nathan reaches out and jerks her arm.

Santo pushes Nathan back away from Taylor and Nathan let’s her go. “I’m not going to tell you again Cromwell, don’t touch her.”  Santo's anger is evident on his face.

“Or what Donati?”  Nathan tries to take a swing at Santo to get in a sucker punch.   Santo expects it and moves to the side then catches Nathan with a right hook to his nose. Nathan is knocked off his feet against a potted plant on a stand and he falls to the floor taking the plant with him.

Taylor’s eyes are huge in her face as she watches Santo’s fist slam into Nathan’s face smashing his nose and busting his lip. Santo steps back and looks at his hand then closes his eyes. He doesn’t want to return to this sort of thing. He has tried so hard to end this part of his life. He didn’t mean to hit Nathan so hard but he’s fed up. Taylor looks at Nathan’s semi-conscious body. She starts to walk to him but he moans and tries to get up.

“What did you do?” Comes the screamed response from behind them as the bleached blond comes running down the hallway falling to her knees she pulls Nathan in her arms. She pushes the leaves from the plant off of him and he sits up.  His lip and nose are bleeding and he’s got a cut on his forehead. His date calls his name several times and Nathan finally stands up with her help.