~Çhapter Twęnty~

Start from the beginning

Lucas fell down next to me. We were both sweating just form the stress of walking across there, the sun beating down on us and the effort it took.

I grabbed his hand and gave it a gentle squeeze.

"Thank you. Thank you Lucas. Thank you," I said so quickly in a shaky voice.

He shook his head."Chase have I ever told you just how amazing you are? Seriously, it's like your brain's a computer. I might have helped you get across but if it weren't for you I wouldn't have even stepped onto it in the first place."

"I guess we're even then," I said with a smile and stood up, pulling him with me.

"Come on lazy bones one more Challenge then we're home free."

He nodded and we began walking again.

"He said the next Challenge was a warehouse they rigged up," I sighed."This is not going to be easy."

"Where's the Challenge in easy?" Lucas said with a smile before grimacing.

"Leg?" I asked and he nodded.

"It's not healed fully but a couple more hours or days maybe and it will be."

"I can't really feel my arm," I said with a shrug and bent my arm."My pain threshold seems to border on 'I feel no pain after a while'."

"Maybe it's because your so used to pain from me beating you up like you told my mum in Chemistry," Lucas said accusingly and I laughed nervously.

"You're never going to let that go are you?"

"Nope," he said popping the p.

I rolled my eyes and began trudging over the hill. It was sunny, I would say too sunny, but there was also a soft breeze that ruffled the leaves of the trees and the grass.

I could imagine what I would've done a few months ago; sit down, admire the view, take a nap, wake up, admire the view until sunset then look for constellations before my adoptive mum finally came and dragged me home.

"You know I think that they're trying to kill us," I said randomly.

"Who's they?"

"I don't know Mr.Taylor, Mrs.Vixen, the school in general."

He laughed."Yeah well that's what we get for going to Hunter Academy."

"You mean that's what you get when you go to Hunter Academy. I was kidnapped by you," I reminded him and now he sighed.

"You're never gonna let that go. Are you?" He said and I shook my head.

"Nope." I said while popping the p, blatantly mocking him.

"I don't know why I'm friends with you," Lucas said and I hugged him.

"Because you wuv me," I said like a little kid.

"No."

"You don't wuv me?"

"No."