Treasured

Farkle

"Of course it is, sweetie!" She giggled, playfully hitting my shoulder. "Since you gave it to me, I never took it off!" 

"Really?" I blushed a deep red, listening to her soft voice. "Yeah," she answered.  "What about you? What's your treasure?" 

"This." I waved my hand to show this black bracelet she gave me.

She tilted her head, looking lost. "It's the bracelet I gave you 8 years ago, that's the thing you treasure the most? But I thought you didn't like it?" 

"Nope!" before she could ask any more questions, I jumped up from my seat. I kinda blanked out for a second. A deep silence passed between us before  I came to halt.

"Sunshine," I began to speak, "Yeah?" she glanced up in confusion. I moved closer to her and took her hand in mine. "When did you realized that you're already in love with me?" She looked down in my hand. "Remember the night that we were in Texas?" She began to explain, I nodded. 

"When you said that you were in love with me, my heart thudded faster. And the time that you were comforting me when Lucas and I broke up. That made me love you even more."  I wrapped my arms around her and kissed her forehead. Then I pulled away.

"I also have a question for you." Then she smiled.

"What is it?" 

"Why didn't you tell me that you were in love with me, before Lucas came into our lives?" 

"Cause, I didn't want to lose you. And of course, I value our friendship."  I paused for a while.

"And you know, whenever when you're with Lucas I felt like burnt out and drained in some way. I think that I'm feeling unappreciated because you're spending more time with him than your own best friend.  It's like I've been bottling my feelings up, and it's about to burst. I'm just hoping that we can be more than friends. And all my dreams came true." I added.

"That's so sweet, Farkle!" She shouted, wrapping her arms around my neck. I hugged her back, smiling.  "You'll always be my forever, Farkle!"

"And you'll always be mine," I whispered.

"I know," she said, looking so beautiful as always. After we talked, we headed outside to go skiing, but Riley refused to go outside.

"It's freezing." She said I knew that she's going to say that so I make a move. I wrapped my arms around her carefully, and I rested my chin on her head.

"Don't worry, I'll heat you up," I replied, she's the only girl that I will hug like this forever. We pulled away and headed outside.  

We wore our ski suits, Riley's kinda nervous. So I held her hand and asked. "We can still back out, Riles if you don't--" She protested and shook her head.

"I can do this, Farkle. As long as you're there by my side, I'll be fine." She replied.

"At the count of three." I whispered, "Wait? What?--"

"One..."

"Farkle, what are you doing?"

"Two..."

"Farkle, stop."

"Three!" I shouted as I pushed her, and follow her direction.

"I trusted you!" She shouted, "I'm sorry, Riles. But I have to do that." I responded.

After a few minutes, she enjoyed it already. We stopped for a minute, to take a rest. We're at the top of the mountain, it was beautiful. We sat there and wrapped my arms around her waist. The sky's so blue and covered with white clouds. 

Even if we wanted to stay a little longer, we can't. Riley's not feeling well, so we went back to the ski lodge. So that Riley can take a rest.